𝙲𝙷. 𝟻-𝟷 𝙰 𝚂𝚞𝚛𝚙𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚎 V𝚒𝚜𝚒𝚝

Start from the beginning

Luckily, Hank had found what occupied the man's attention when he received no response from the visitor. ''Oh, um, Alex, this is (Y/N) Sauven. She's been staying here for two months because of some...family problems.'' introduced Hank, trying to drop down the man's guard.

''Sauven? Isn't that Phantom's last name, if I have not mistaken?'' Now the guy had changed his unreadable face into a softer look. A brow of his raised, showing the mien of confusion than hostility.

''You are not wrong; she's Phantom's daughter.'' stated the professor, walking past you as he grabbed the glass of water away from your hands.

''Professor.'' the visitor shook hands with the host, and then followed him to the office.

Hank told you to make some coffees for him and the 'Alex' guy; as for the professor, you got him another glass of warm water.

You walked back to the kitchen obediently, thinking of the visitor's sharp gaze. He wasn't a person to mess up with, you were positive on that. His physique and the crew-cut hairstyle were the indications of those servings he did for the country; which war was the country facing at current? The Vietnam war, undoubtedly. You had recalled the memory of Byron being informed to serve the country several years ago. But after some inspections, he was disqualified from joining the military.

Now that it reminded you, if the 'Alex' guy knew your father, he could be one of the former X-men members.

Holding a tray of beverages, you slowly walked to where the men were. You accidentally overheard their conversation of theirs, so you started to eavesdrop outside the office. Generally, you wouldn't do such things, but their dialogue was rather interesting because you were their topic.

''...her mother worried she would send to the authority in the hands of her stepfather.'' said a gentle voice, which you had recognized, belonged to Hank.

''That's horrible.'' stated the visitor, ''There's one question that has intrigued me from the beginning: How are you able to walk, professor?''

''The medication,'' answered the professor, ''the girl's X-Genes contains a healing substance that blends perfectly well with the serum Hank made, and causes the medication stronger—yet the side effect alters my X-Genes.''

''So that's her power? Fixing injuries and wounds?''

''Well -'' Hank was about to reply, but the professor cut him off.

''To some extent, correct,'' mumbled the professor. ''Naming Healer; if she desires a code name, I will address her with this.''

''I call her Mender,'' said Hank, quite aroused, ''her X-Genes repairs not just human, but also plants, animals, mind — she's capable of —''

You knocked on the door, informing your arrival. ''I've brought drinks and snacks.''

The adults ceased their talk immediately, while Hank and the visitor passed you a grateful smile as you put the drinks on the table.

Professor Charles muttered thanks, but he didn't seem to bother by your presence; you had a hard time debating whether you should leave or wait for the other requests from the host.

''Oh, (Y/N), this is Alex Summers, A.K.A Havok; he's also an X-man.'' Hank briefly introduced the man to you.

The man shifted closer to where you stood, hand outstretched for you to shake. ''Just call me Alex, legacy.''

You held his hand in a fluttered manner, forgetting to let go when you studied his appearance properly. His face was beautiful; the inverted triangle shape feature and those piercing stormy blue eyes. The expression on his face was no longer that cold like earlier, but a more friendly and refreshing smile plastered on it.