𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦-𝑠𝑖𝑥

Start from the beginning

"From the first generation of vampires." Stefan added on.

"Like Elijah?" Elena wondered.

"No. ELijah was the Easter bunny compared to Klaus. He's a foot soldier. Klaus is the real deal." Rose put her hands on her hips as she explained.

"Klaus is known to be the oldest." Stefan informed them.

"Okay, so you're saying the oldest vampire in the history of time is coming after me?" Elena put her hand up, a little rattled.

After the light bicker between Rose and Damon, Stefan turned to Elena. "Look, Elijah's dead, right? So no one else even knows that you exist."

"Not that you know of." Rose said.

It pained Preston to say this but she figured why not, "and if word got out about you, even just your name or one of us, you know, people you interact with in public, a little background research is easy. But I'm sure it's fine."

"That's not helping." Damon told both Preston and Rose.

When Preston saw Stefan sitting on the couch with his arm wrapped

around Elena, she felt a strange pain in her chest. "Look, I've never met anyone who's laid eyes on him. I mean, we're talking centuries of truth mixed with fiction. We don't know if he's real. For all we know, he could just be some sort of stupid bed time story." Stefan explained.

It made Preston want to roll her eyes. Part of her wished it was Stefan that Klaus was after instead of Elena. Preston didn't really like him.

"He's real and he doesn't give up. If he wants something, he gets it. If

you're not afraid of Klaus, then you're an idiot." Rose told them.

"Then I guess I'm an idiot." Preston muttered, still being heard by the vampires in the room. She left with Elena, who quickly met up with Caroline.

Preston had continued bringing her journal with her, along with the pencil. They were tucked in her bag, along with small weapons just in case. She took the backpack off her brown leather jacket and repositioned it. "Tell everyone I wasn't feeling well and I went home from school." Elena told Caroline.

"I can't believe I'm agreeing to this. I'm a terrible liar." Caroline reminded.

"Keep Stefan busy. I don't want him to know what I'm up to." Elena instructed Caroline. Honestly, Stefan and Damon did things behind Elena's back from what Preston knew, why was it so different for her.

"I'm even worse at duplicity and you know this." Caroline argued.

"You managed to keep me occupied when Katherine paid Stefan a visit." Elena recalled.

Preston sighed quietly, walking ahead of them as she was tired of walking slowly. The three of them went under the ruins of the church. They stopped in front of the tomb's door, "Are you sure you two want to do this?"

"Yes, I'm sure. She's the only one who knows the truth about Klaus. The only one who can tell me how to stop him." Elena confirmed. When Caroline turned to look at Preston, she agreed.

"But you're asking for the truth from someone who's probably never giving it. Are you sure about this?" Caroline questioned even further. Preston couldn't blame her, she was worried and concerned for her friend.

"Yeah, we can't just sit back and wait. I have to know, Caroline, Please." Caroline went to the door and opened it.

"Katherine?" She looked at Caroline. "We'll be okay from here."

Upon hearing a noise, they turned their heads and looked at the entrance of the door. Katherine arrived and stopped at the entrance. "Hello Elena, Preston. You two come to watch me wither away? Goodbye Caroline."

"As long as we stay on this side of the door, she can't hurt us. Please." Elena pleaded, causing Caroline to look at them and leave.

I swear Meredith is important, and good. Also, her face claim is Gemma Chan

She'll be getting her own book series set in The Originals, and she may or may not have ties to the Winchester family.

Okay, bye!