𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑜𝑛𝑒

[ Chapter One ]

Mystic Falls

The sign read Mystic Falls, it was just before a small bridge.

Preston didn't particularly like bridges for some odd reason, they just creeped her out. It was harder to see since it was night, but she was still able to see it.

Dean continued driving when they reached a motel. On the way there, Preston had noticed a pizza guy delivering to someone in a big house. Or at least it was a larger house than Preston had ever been in.

However, she had noticed the guy pulling a black hood over his features, which was suspicious to her.

The first thing Preston did when they got in the room was jump onto the bed. "Are you gonna help?" Dean asked.

"Not right now, no." She heard Dean sigh at her response. "What? I tried sleeping in the Impala, which is uncomfortable, so yes, I am sleeping. Wake me up at 6 or something." She waved him off, turning on her side, away from her brothers.

----

When morning came, Sam woke her up.

Dean didn't want to admit it, but Preston could be scary when you woke her up, even when she told you to.

"Come on, we're going to a school." Preston swatted him away, groaning at the sunlight through the curtains. Correction, she hissed at the sun.

She threw on her clothes for the case and grabbed the fake FBI badge and walked through the door.

A school.

Preston furrowed her brows, "That's a school?" Dean nodded, also confused.

They walked in to see teenagers, around her age, standing in the hallway. Some stared at her and started whispering as she ignored them.

Sam and Dean stood to the left of the door while Preston stood to the right. Preston saw a boy who was probably one or two years younger than her walk out of the classroom. She took in his features, brown hair, brown eyes, it's what she did every time. She always analyzed people.

The Winchesters walked into the classroom.

The man- teacher- had a journal in hand, much like the one Preston had. "Hi, can I help you?" He asked.

"Hi, I'm Agent Johnson, that's Agent Tyson-" "And I'm Agent Decker." Preston cut Dean off.

"We'd like to ask a few questions about the animal attacks here." The man shifted in his seat.

"Look, all I know is that there's been more animal attacks than we thought there would be. More blood, more death. Specifically in Mystic Falls." The teacher explained, urging them to leave subtly.

They did leave.

They got to the car and Preston spoke up, "You think the town is hiding something? Like a cover up?" She wondered. "Probably. It's a small town, we're outsiders..." Sam trailed off.

Preston nodded, not getting in the car as she walked off. "Hey! Where do you think you're going?" Dean questioned.

Preston didn't bother turning back to look at him, "I saw a grill not too far from here. I'm hungry." She answered, quickly taking the FBI jacket off and replacing it with her leather jacket.

She didn't realize how fast the time went by but she lightly bumped into someone, "Oh, god, I'm sorry." Both said at the same time.

"I should- I'm sorry. I should've looked where I was going! I'm Elena, Elena Gilbert." The Winchester smiled lightly at the brunette. "It's fine, really-"

"Are you new?" "Just a visitor from out of town." Preston replied cautiously.

"I can get you something from here. If you want." Elena added the last bit, fiddling with her hands.

Preston nodded, "Sure."

----

She sat at the table, ordering a coke, burger and fries.

"So, any siblings?" Elena asked. She knew she shouldn't say anything about her real life, but what harm would happen, "Two brothers. Sam and Dean... Dean's the oldest, and I'm the youngest." She paused, "What about you?" Her food arrived, which she quickly thanked for.

Preston took a bite of her burger as she listened to Elena. Her voice was soft like summer rain.

How can someone be so freaking pretty-

Yeah, I don't know what's going on here, but it happened.

Preston is just confused by school.

Okay, bye!