𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑠𝑖𝑥𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛

[ Chapter Sixteen ]

Everything Happens For A Reason-

The whole thing with Elena and Jeremy, it started making Preston wonder if she could make amends with her brothers.

Preston had gone back to the house to change. She adjusted the Stanford University hoodie as she walked out of the Salvatore boarding house. "Thought you weren't going to this." Damon commented.

"Elena wanted me to show up. So I did." Preston replied, getting cut off by Damon, "You care about her, don't you?"

"Everyone cares about Elena, Damon." She responded. It was true. When Preston arrived in Mystic Falls, she saw how everyone cared about Elena. But she had heard that Elena's parents, even though they weren't her biological parents, still cared about her, had died. Therefore, it was hard for Preston to tell if it was genuine or pity.

Anna showed up right behind them, which Damon addressed, "You're still around?"

"There's something you two need to know." Anna told them, dragging them over to a different place. "The vampires from the tomb are planning an attack tonight." She explained.

"I knew something bad was gonna happen tonight..." Preston muttered.

"How do you know?" Damon asked Anna. "I went to them. They think I'm with them. I'm not. They want the founding families dead." Anna answered.

Founding families. That included Elena...

"When is this supposed to happen?" Damon questioned. "When the fireworks start."

"John Gilbert wants to use the invention on them." The Salvatore realized. "We can't be here."

"Doesn't work. It's been deactivated."

Anna and Damon had a conversation about it when Anna looked at Preston, "How did you know something bad was going to happen tonight?" She asked.

Preston shrugged, "It was a feeling." Damon had walked off, and Anna dragged Preston over more.

"Was it a vision? Or something in your gut?" Anna questioned. The question made Preston think for a second. "It was kind of both... first it was a gut feeling, but then, there was a very blurry image." Preston explained to her, "Why?"

Anna had the look of realization on her features. "How long have they been happening. Not particularly the one for tonight, but-"

"Once in a while. Not every day." Anna nodded in understanding. Preston must've lost her mind, because she thought she had heard Anna mumbling something about how it's just the start of it.

"Oh, and there's one more target." Anna told her. Preston furrowed her brows, "Who?"

"You." Anna sped off, leaving Preston confused.

Why would she be a target?

Preston hurried off, trying to find Elena. Despite her being with Stefan, she wanted to protect her. She felt the need to protect her.