iii. ding, ding, ding

•  •  •

•  •  •

     "I'M GINEVRA SALVATORE." GINNY INTRODUCED HERSELF, trying her best not to smirk at Elena's shocked expression when the Katherine lookalike heard her last name.

     "Salvatore?" Elena managed to repeat despite her small, confused voice. She looked from Ginny to Stefan and Damon and then back to Ginny.

     "Yeah..." Stefan trailed off. "This is my sister."

     Ginny forced a smile and gave a little wave. Hopefully, Elena would be nice to her, or Ginny wouldn't be so nice back. She already wasn't feeling great about her since she was Katherine's doppelgänger.

     "I thought—" Elena cut herself off, her eyes darting from the two siblings in confusion and shock. "You said your sister was dead."

     Ginny explained before Stefan could. "To be fair, he really thought I was. They both did. I thought they were dead, too." She chuckled, awkwardly. "Just some classic manipulation by your evil little clone, or... I guess you're her non-evil little clone..."

      Elena glared at Stefan, and Ginny pursed her lips, wanting to leave this situation, so she said. "Um, I'm gonna go find my friend." She turned around to her brothers, knowing Stefan and Elena needed to talk alone. "I'll see you inside, ok?"

     "I should go with you." Damon added when Ginny saw his desperate look, too. He didn't want to be in the middle of this either. "Don't want you disappearing again, ha ha."

     Ginny pressed her lips together and turned around, Damon walking next to her and back into the Lockwood mansion.

     "Well, that wasn't awkward at all." Ginny said, sarcastically.

     She took a glass of champagne off of a tray one of the waiters was carrying. She downed the whole thing in one go and set the empty glass back on the tray. It had been a long day and she was trying to keep her anger toward Katherine at bay and it didn't help that her brother was dating her doppelgänger.

     "Yeah, well, they're not exactly in the greatest place right now." Damon explained. "Partly my fault."

     "Oh no..." Ginny trailed off, glancing at her older brother while also keeping an eye out for Angie at the same time. "What did you do?"

     Damon cringed. "I might've kissed Elena-"

     Ginny cut him off, stopping in her tracks as her eyes widened. "You did what?"

     Damon shook his head, trying to defend himself. "Well, I thought I did. It was actually Katherine impersonating her. Little bitch. Anyway, now Stefan's mad and things are awkward."

     Ginny nodded slowly, about to drop the situation when she thought of something. Her head snapped up. "So you have feelings for Elena, then?"

     It was like Katherine all over again and Ginny didn't like it. Katherine had turned them against each other years ago and she'd be damned if she let some human girl who looked just like Katherine tear her and her brothers apart... again.