ii. i thought you were dead

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"IS THIS SOME KIND OF SICK JOKE, KATHERINE?" STEFAN ASKED, glaring at her with an anger the 500-year-old vampire had never seen. He didn't believe it was really his sister.

Ginny watched the exchange as she felt her heart sink lower and lower into her stomach. She was trying to recount every moment of the last time she saw Stefan. He was dead. Dead dead. Or at least, that's what she thought. Is it possible he could've been alive this whole time? She felt sick to her stomach.

"I have no idea what she's doing here, I swear." Katherine defended herself. "I thought she was dead."

"Yeah, I bet you did." Ginny narrowed her eyes and stared daggers at the vampire.

"What the hell is she talking about?" Stefan asked Katherine with a dangerously calm tone. "What is going on?" He turned to face Ginny before Katherine could answer. "Is it really you?"

Ginny nodded, tears blurring her vision. "Yeah. It's me. I thought— I thought you were dead, but you're here."

Stefan didn't waste anytime. He walked straight over to his sister and hugged her. Ginny immediately hugged him back, letting a tear fall from her eye. Stefan held on, tightly. "I thought you were, too. H—how?" He released the hug and stared at her, putting his hands on her shoulders.

"I should be asking you the same question." Ginny turned to look at Katherine, knowing that bitch would have the answers, but she was gone. She should've seen that one coming. "Damn. She's gone."

"It doesn't matter." Stefan shook his head. "What matters right now is that you're alive." He smiled, and Ginny noticed his eyes glistening with tears. "Again... how?"

"It's a long story." The heretic replied. "I'm guessing yours is, as well, because last time I saw you and Damon... you guys were dead in the middle of the road. You had been shot."

Stefan sighed, feeling extremely sick knowing that she had to see them like that... dead, and she had thought they were dead all these years. "We had Katherine's blood in our system. Look, I'll explain everything, but we shouldn't talk here." He looked side to side. They were in an empty room, but anyone could walk in at any moment.

"Wait..." Ginny shook her head, her heart was beating a mile a minute. "Did you just say we? Damon did, too? Does that mean..."

Stefan nodded. "Yeah, yeah. He's alive. He's here, Gin."

Ginny's face broke out in a smile. She couldn't believe it. She couldn't believe this was happening. She came to Mystic Falls to kill Katherine and she found her brothers. "He's alive." She said, sighing in relief. "You're alive. You're both alive."

Ginny pulled Stefan into another hug, and he grinned, still having a hard time believing she was real. She was in front of him. She sounded like herself. She looked exactly like what Stefan remembered, except for the modern day clothing she was wearing.