12

Keys:
[M/N] Middle Name

-----

Y/N’S POV

-----

I walked in the fairly shallow water, wondering where it would take me. I stopped in my tracks. The sight of an overpass was in front of me. I shivered at the cold air and the ominous aura surrounding it. I breathed out and made a brave face. I've explored it all! There's no need to be scared. I've painted the walls of the Paintball Alley, ridden with the Horse Girls, faced the nasty centipedes of the sewers, and made many friends along the way! So I'm here to stay!

“I’m not scared of you overpass!” I was screaming at a building. How strange of me... Eh, it was motivating! I cautiously walked through the overpass. It was dark and cold with graffiti covering the walls. A certain symbol caught my eye. I stopped to stare at it. It was a circle with lines coming out of it, intricate yet basic.

I continued on my way and passed under the overpass; there was another side of the creek to explore; surely I couldn't be the only kid who had ventured here, right? if I am, I am certainly going to leave my mark! I looked around and saw a nearby honeysuckle bush.

My eyes are practically golden. I can't buy seeds for these things anywhere because they are always out of stock! I'm so going to use this to my advantage. I grabbed a few flowers. I searched for a bit and found 3 seeds. I grabbed them and put them into my bag. I hope these are the right seeds. I stood and smiled.

I then heard a gust of wind and something hit my cheek. I looked to see what hit me. A scented marker attached to an arrow was at my feet. “Huh…?” I looked behind me. I saw a kid about my age holding a bow loaded with another arrow. He was wearing a green poncho and sandals. Eyes covered mysteriously yet they seemed to glow under his hair. An unreadable expression along his face as he stared at me as if an enemy.

If I wasn’t terrified before, boy was I losing it now. I shouted incoherently, stranger danger, and backed away. He pointed the bow at me with a stern look. I steeled myself- still shaking uncontrollably at the scare- trying to look brave and in control of the situation with no clue as to what was going to happen.

I grit my teeth for a second before taking a deep breath. “Who are you?!”

A moment of silence from both sides, and my shaking stilled.

“You know who I am, as do all the kids on this side. Run along now, or else.” The mysterious boy spoke with slight annoyance.

I continued the sentence and made an extremely stupid face. “I have no clue who you are. Why do I have to leave again?” I walked forward and nudged the non-lethal arrow facing the ground instead of my face.

He made an incredulous face for a quick second, then returned to tense and stern. Mystery boy shook his head and stopped his arrow from appearing as about to knock me in the eye. “Where did you come from?”

Let us just say I took it literally, “I came out of my Mom!”

Again, Poncho boy looked quite disbelieving. “That’s… not what I meant.” He had a few short pauses as his confusion reigned. My fingers tapped against my other arm as I took a second to think, “Ohhh! I get it now. I came from over there.”

I pointed towards the overpass that I had just exited. He frowned and put his bow and arrow back up, nudging me towards the other side. It only succeeded in making me back away to the side rather than where he wanted. The archer groaned quietly in disdain.

“You need to leave.”

He tried to usher me out of here again with another nudge from his arrow, but I didn't want to go. I just got here and there is so much to see. I had dug my heels into the ground, the attempts now only making me lean a bit as I held my spot. Determination and defiance dripped off of me. Bad start with Poncho boy I suppose.

I crossed my arms and didn’t move an inch. “No! I still want to explore and I’m going to explore.”

“It's dangerous.”

“Yeah well, my middle name is Danger,” my fist thrust up in some form of a childish pose until I stopped and waved it off, “I'm kidding, my middle name is [M/N].”

I heard a loud noise making my attention switch from him to it. The mysterious kid wanted to follow me as I stalked towards whatever was over there, but I think he gave up. I couldn't find the cause of the noise, but it didn't matter to me. I had free range to explore all that I wanted. There was a whole creek to look at and admire. It reminds me of my first time at the creek. When Sparkle introduced me, I nearly got paint-balled to death.

I took a deep breath of the fresh air, which smells like pure pine. Reminds me of that scented thing in my dad's car that I used to chew on when I was 5! I looked around and saw a squirrel. Oh, it's so cute! I grabbed my camera from my bag and tried to snap a pic. The photos were blurry because the squirrel had scrambled away. I chased after it, determined for a cute photo only to lose it.

I whined, “Oh well, I guess it can't be helped.” I wandered around some more and ran into 2 boys. They announced themselves as the Honey Suckle Rangers. They were good at rhyming! “Hello there! Where exactly am I? This place isn't on my map.” They whispered to each other before answering me. I was quite confused.

“Okay, uh, So I'm Raj. This is Shawn.” He pointed at his friend. Shawn waved with a smile, it went unnoticed that the smile didn’t reach his eyes which seemed to be focused on the rolled-up map in my hand. I waved back.

“...Can we see that map? We can help you out with it!” Shawn held his hand out, he and Raj shared an excited glance.

“Sure thing. Not sure how I ended up all the way over here. I just need to find my way back to the overpass please.” I held out the map and handed it to them.

They looked at the map and grinned.

“Thanks! And sorry.” I felt confused, “What are you sorry for?”

“This.” He said quickly and threw something at my face making me yell in surprise in pain. It hurt and I think I’ve got a red mark forming on my forehead. He threw a PINECONE AT ME! I let out an offended gasp. I am so glad that I brought my tennis ball. I ran as fast as I could towards the direction they ran.

“AUGH, Why am I such a trusting person?!”

I finally caught up to them. Raj, who had the map, looked back and tried to pick up the pace, but I wasn't letting that happen. I threw the tennis ball and hit him right on the back of the knee, causing him to fall. I hope I didn't hurt him too badly. I ran up to him and grabbed the map. It rolled out of his hands. Shawn went to help Raj up while they yelled at me to stop, but I quickly ran away in the opposite direction, so it'd be hard to find me. Now that I've escaped from them, where am I?

Proofread by WorldinHand

Sorry for late release