PACTUM

Pactum (Latin): Noun, meaning agreement

The guest room he shows her to is fairly nice, though clearly hasn't been used in a long time. The mattress is lumpy and uncomfortable, though the sheets are clean and the bed is made nicely. She doesn't despise it, though it's nothing like home.

Regulus sits in her desk chair, watching as she looks around the shabby little room, trying to figure out what she can do to make it more like home. She opens the curtains to her one and only window first, letting light fill the room, something that isn't particularly common in the Black house.

"Why is everything so dark here?" She questions, glancing down onto the surprisingly still bright street. She can see the sun setting through her window, which is nice.

"Perhaps it's a reflection of the life we live here." He says honestly, watching as she turns to face him, sitting down on her bed.

"Must we live here? Perhaps when we marry we can move somewhere else."

"We will. The Black Manor." He explains sourly. "My aunt and uncle have moved to France and their three daughters are married and out of the house. It is a piece of my inheritance either way, it will be our home."

"As long as we're out of the city." She says simply, watching as the door is pushed open and Kreacher strolls in. She greets him kindly, thanking him for bringing her trunk to her and telling him that she doesn't need anything else.

"I'm surprised you treat him so kindly." Regulus states as he walks out of the room. "Many do not see them as anything more than servants."

"Are you speaking of yourself? Because I will never understand how people can be so cruel to beings who are so powerful."

"I am not, I'm speaking of my parents. And your brother as well, I imagine."

"Yes. Are the elves a part of your inheritance as well?"

"We only employ the one, though yes. We can purchase more if you would like, perhaps a ladies maid?"

"We'll talk about it later on." She says shortly, lifting her trunk up onto the bed and flipping it open to begin unpacking the things she needs.

"You can leave some things here if you'd like. You'll be spending some time here throughout the foreseeable future until we're married." He says, watching as she shivers at the thought.

"Will I be here for Christmas?"

"I would like for you to be, yes. But it is up to you." He says after a moment of thought, moving to stand and help her by opening the doors of her wardrobe and brushing away some of the dust that sits on one of the shelves inside. She hands him a hanger to hold on to as she hangs several dresses inside, as well as a few blouses. "We go back to school in three weeks, will this be enough for you until then?"