CONVENTU

Conventu (Latin): Noun, Meaning meeting 

Today was not a normal day. It wasn't exactly common for the Black family to eat dinner together, especially since Sirius left a little over a year ago. Ever since then, Regulus had tended to eat dinner in the family's library, not that his parents are aware of this. Neither can bare to pay much attention to the heir to the Noble house of Black.

But today, they have a guest coming. It isn't something he actually wants to be doing, eating dinner with his future wife at the young age of sixteen (almost seventeen, though that isn't really pertinent to what he's talking about). Either way, he isn't exactly prepared to meet his future partner.

He didn't get much warning, anyways. It had only been this morning when his mother walked into his bedroom to wake him, then almost immediately dropped the bomb that his future wife (who's name he isn't even aware of yet) is to come to dinner with her guardian that night.

His mother is simply gushing as she runs around the house, looking for things to clean up. It's the most clean and bright the house has ever been, with Kreacher and Walburga working to dust every surface, even going as far as to remove every speck of dust from the banister which has never once been wiped down in the entire time he's been alive. Sirius had slid down it once several years back and ended up with a completely dust-covered bum. He isn't used to the commotion in his home, let alone when his father pulls him into his office to talk about rings.

"You'll, of course, need to meet her before you pick out a ring." Orion continues a conversation which his son had only really heard a small part of, distracted by the seven family rings placed in front of him. "Her brother says that she prefers silver because it goes with everything, though I imagine she'll be happy with gold as well. And diamonds are always a good choice, though you could of course go with a different gem. Or both."

Regulus barely listens as his father rambles on and on about the rings he is to pick for his mystery girl. Eventually, he simply stands up to leave in the middle of his father's sentence, far too distracted to think about the scolding he's likely to receive for it when the excitement dies down.

Across town, Malayah and Manoveour Gaunt are in a similar state of disorder as he goes through her closet over and over, trying desperately to find something appropriate for her to wear.

"I don't like pink." She says simply as he holds up a pale dress, one that she's sure he bought for her without her input given that it's absolutely retched.

"You have to wear something." He explains, annoyed with her standoffishness as she picks at a perfectly painted pink nail, likely messing up the near-hundred-dollar manicure. He swats her hand away from her nails, tossing the dress on top of a pile on her bed, all of which she's refused.

"Must you be so difficult?" He questions as she shoots down a bright red dress, claiming that it's ghastly and has the tags still on for a good reason.