They get out of the car and are about to go inside the Dewan house when a police vehicle stops beside them. A few policemen come out and grab Sidharth by his arms.
"What the f***! What are you all doing?"
Sidharth shouts at them.
Saivi says, "Inspector, what is happening here? Why are you restraining him?"
"Ratan Kumar, you are under arrest for physical and sexual assault charge."
"I am not Ratan Kumar. And I didn't do anything. Leave me, I said.."
They forcefully drag him into the vehicle despite Saivi's pleas to stop them. She keeps trying to tell them that it must be some kind of misunderstanding but her efforts fall into deaf ears of the police men.

Sidharth sits on the chair in the custody room. He is fuming with anger. The Inspector, a 40 something dusky man with dark short hair, thick moustache and broad shoulders enter the room.
Sitting down on a chair in front of him and saying,"So, Ratan Kumar, how is the prison treating you? "
"I am not Ratan Kumar and you know that very well. "
"Of course you are Sidharth, the Prodigal son of the Dewan's. Right? So, Ratan Kumar, tell me where were you last night?"
Sidharth gives him a smirk, "Ratan Kumar would only know where he was last night. Ask him. I am not him, so I can't help you with that question."

"You may carry on this act but the question is for how long? Ultimately you will be thrown out of the Dewan's house and business."
"If you think this is all an act, I can't stop you from that. Ultimately it will be the court who will decide, not you or me. And when the decision comes, you and your sponsors will have no place to hide. I will remember you and come after you Inspector Kali Prasad Mondol. I don't keep anyone's debt."
The Inspector grabs his collar, "Aye chokra, nijeke khub smart bhabcho! (You consider yourself too smart) Police ka danda padega na toh sab Sach nikal ayega."

"Inspector, don't you dare touch me. Like I said, I don't keep anyone's debt. This city knows what Sidharth Dewan is capable of. Just because I am out of business now, doesn't mean I can't do anything. You want to see? Let me make just one call. And then you will find out. I am allowed one call, isn't it?"
The Inspector releases his collar and leans back.

"Scared? MLA Tarun Banerjee, MP Rajesh Agarwal, DCP Trilochan Pandey, Ex Mayor Vincent, should I continue. I share a very healthy bond with them. I am sure they would not want to spoil that bond today. You know why, because I have some interesting stories about them which if I share with the world will.. make them lose a lot. Their posts, reputation and whatnot. So, Inspector, don't you dare try to touch me."
The Inspector stands up and leaves the room immediately.

"I am his lawyer, I need to know what the allegation is and who has brought it."
Tanushree asks the Inspector.
"Miss Trupti Shaw, his ex secretary. I mean Sidharth Dewan's old PA."
"She is obviously lying. He didn't meet her then.."
"Apparently he did. There's CCTV footage of the building where she lives. He can be seen entering at 8 :45 pm and leaving the premises at 9:15. Also we have found s button which will surely match your client's shirt."
Shehnaaz and Saivi look at each other.
"We need to see him."
Shehnaaz says.

Saivi hugs Sidharth the moment she meets him.
"Tu thik hai?"
Sidharth nods his head and smiles at Shehnaaz who looks a bit shaken.
He holds her hand and presses it. He comes closer and whispers into her ears,
" I am alright. You can breathe. "
Shehnaaz nods her head and gives him a sad smile.
Saivi says, "Sidharth is not a criminal. How dare he keep him in the custody room like this?"
"They have paid him to do that Di. Can't you see it?"
"The court will remain closed for two days. I will apply for bail immediately as it opens."
"My brother can't stay in the police station till then. I am calling the Commissioner now."

Sidharth says, "Don't worry Di. I am not staying here for more than a few hours. I will be out by the morning. Where's Rahul?"
"Outside with Abhijit and Chatterjee uncle. Why?"
"You both go outside and send him in. I need to talk to him."
Saivi and Shehnaaz keep staring at him. He smiles and gives his sister a nudge on the arm.
"I said na, I will be out by the morning. I promise. Now go."

As soon as Rahul enters the room, Sidharth says, "Do you have my laptop with you?"
"Yes. It has been with me since you left. You said you don't want it after you came so, yes it is still with me. But why? Why do you want your laptop now?"
Sidharth gives him a lopsided smile, "You ask a hell lot of questions. It's good that you still have it. Now Make a call to MLA Sujoy Biswas. Tell him to pay a visit to this girl Trupti at her apartment and ensure she takes the complaint back by morning."
"Sujoy Biswas? Why will he listen to you after all these years? You are presently of no use to him. He won't listen to you. Why would he?"

Sidharth grabs his arms and says,
"Rahul, chup karjaa. Listen to me carefully to what I have to say. Ready? Good! Tell him, Sidharth Dewan is back and he still has the video of his vacation with his girlfriend in Maldives. And also the video of his meeting with opposition leader Paras Rastogi. Neither his wife nor the CM will like what they will see. He will lose everything."
Rahul smiles and immediately pulls him into a brotherly hug, "I am really happy dude! Sidharth Dewan is back! He is back."

"Gussa ho?"
Sidharth asks Shehnaaz after everyone had left the Penthouse the next afternoon.
She turns to face him, "Why would I? "
"I don't know, maybe because of what happened. You didn't ask me why I was in her apartment. You didn't ask me why I didn't tell you that I went there."
He comes closer and stands in front of him.
Shehnaaz looks into his eyes and says, "I trust you, Sidharth. I knew you would tell me eventually."

Sidharth nods his head, "I didn't want to upset you. That's why.. I had been out to drop Jia when I got a call from Trupti. She told me that she has something against Darshan. She told me that she has the details of money that he had stolen from the company when he was the CEO of the pharmaceutical company. Trupti was his PA before she joined me. She left the company after I.. allegedly died. I had no reason not to trust her. She had worked for me for so many years. I considered her a friend."

Sidharth takes a pause, "I went there and she asked me to sit. She gave me a file and I got engrossed checking them. And the next thing I knew she was.. holding my hands. I removed her hands and got up to leave. And it was then that she tried to embrace me and kiss me. She said that she loved me. She has been in love since ages. I told her I never thought of her like that and excused myself to leave but she kept coming over me. I pushed her away and left. I don't know why I didn't share this with you but.. I couldn't then."
"You had slept with her. Isn't it?"
Sidharth gives out a deep breath and nods his head, "I did. It was just once but.. I am guilty."
"That's why you didn't share with me."

Sidharth cups her face, "Trust me Shehnaaz, that's not the reason. I had done a lot of things in my previous life that I am not particularly proud of. But this Sidharth is not.."
Shehnaaz puts her finger over his mouth, "Sh.. you don't need to say anything more. I didn't mean that when I asked if you had slept with her. You were not proud of it so you hid it. But you don't need to. You didn't force her, it was consensual. And what happened in her house is not your fault at all."

She kisses his cheek.
"How did you make her withdraw her complaint?"
"I had help."
Shehnaaz gazes at him.
"Sidharth Dewan knew a lot of people. He knew a lot of secrets of people and he created a lot more. He used them to his advantage, for his business only. Never to hurt people or for his personal benefits. Today I.. had to use one of the secrets to remove this blame from me."

Sidharth lowers his head, "I am turning back to the old me. Are you ashamed of me?"
Shehnaaz presses her lips on his, "I don't understand the complexities of businesses. I don't care if you used someone to free yourself. I am happy that you are out."
She touches his face, "I know the Sidharth standing before me won't do anything bad. He won't hurt me. He won't cheat me. He only loves me. He won't leave me. Look at me, Sidharth and say to me that I am correct."

Sidharth lifts his face and stares into her eyes.
"Wada hai Mera tujhe se,
Tere yakeen ko tutne na dunga.
Tujhe koi gham na chu paye,
Uski har mumkin koshish karunga.
Dhokha tujhe dene se pehle,
Maut ko chun lunga main.
Tera pyar meri takat hai.
Isse kaise bhul payunga main.

I love you, Shehnaaz."

How was the update? Let me know. And do send stars by clicking the star below.
Love💕💕💕💕