Chapter 34 - Murderer or Not

Começar do início

Just then Ethan emerged from Ashley's room, making his way to them, a soft casual smile on his face.

"Good morning Ava," Ethan said with a respectful smile before turning to Amelia and holding her hand, placing a chaste kiss on her knuckles.

"I'm going to explore the city and search for some clues about Azaad, hence may not be available until later tonight." Ethan informed smoothly turning to all of them before resting his eyes on Amelia.

Ava tilted her head feeling something strange about the way he talked or maybe looked at Amelia. It was sweet, no doubt, but there was something else about it. Something different than what boyfriend might hold for girlfriend.

"Oh, that's completely alright. I will be busy myself as you know." Amelia smiled easily but there was a strain in it that told Ava she wasn't as much happy with this relationship as she acted to.

Ashley jerked slightly and looked away, Ava narrowed her eyes at his suspicious behavior but he avoided her gaze once again. She suppressed the urge to groan.

What did you do now, Ash?

"Where is Archie, Ethan?" Ashley asked, his hand fumbling around the utensils with a certain degree of nervousness.

Ava didn't miss the surprise look Ethan gave to Ashley as he turned to look at him.

"You know him, Ash. Ava will have better chance in answering than I," Ethan said with a smile.

Of course she knew but since Ashley wasn't asking she wasn't going to answer.

"It maybe so, but I were thinking to have some get together since we haven't for so long. Think you can convey the message to him and we can go out tonight or tomorrow?" Ashley asked pretending to be all interesting and excited for the idea but Ava could see the tension in his body and she was sure Ethan did too by the way he surveyed Ashley.

What the hell was idiot trying to distract Ethan from?

"That's great, Ash. I'll ask him for sure." Ethan passed an easy smile.

Ava frowned. Why didn't Ethan point Ashley's obvious deception? Observing Ethan she couldn't even see that it was acting. Either Ethan was a very good actor or he was a lousy observer.

"See you then?" Ashley said cheerfully.

Ethan nodded at the obvious dismissness without any ounce of bitterness like it was a sweet good bye from a friend, and giving a forehead kiss to Amelia walked out of the room.

That was... Interesting. Ava decided. It seemed either Ethan had too big of heart to take offence of Ashley's attitude or he was too naive to see the callous way Ashley treated him.

And wasn't that another issue with Ashley. His treatment of Ethan. It was so callous and wrong. Not a gentleman behavior for sure.

There was no way Ethan deserved that kind of behavior even if Ashley was being a petty jealous which was not, since he behaved that way from very beginning. And she was not going to remain silent over it either. She would sure as hell talk about it with Ashley.

Not in front of Amelia though.

"I'll meet you guys in evening," Ashley said with tight smile, gave a nod to Ava before flicking his eyes towards seething Amelia.

Ava gave a smile in reply and watched him leaving.

"How was the date?" Ava asked turning to Amelia with interest.

Amelia paused, gave her a moment glance and turned back to eating.

"It wasn't a date per se." Amelia said cautiously. "We... Talked."