Moonlight Rings

The wolves went on a little mission and haven't come back yet so Elijah and I went to the living room where Klaus was playing with Jules. Klaus said, "Yes, brother, what is it?" Elijah said, "It appears our wolves have gone astray, brother." I said, "They should have been back hours ago." Elijah said, "We need to find them." Klaus said "Well, that might be a bit tricky. You see, we've located their car on a back road in the middle of nowhere. I suspect they've been shanghaied." Elijah said, "And you didn't feel the need to share this information?" Klaus said "It was my intention to present you with a problem only after I had found an appropriate solution." he said, "Do enlighten us." Klaus said "I'm closing in on it as we speak. The only person who would be bold enough to snatch my wolf allies is the one who has the most to lose." he sighed "Marcel." I said, "No, he'll kill them!" Klaus said "Genevieve assures me that Marcel has procured a cloaking spell. The only witch who will aid Marcel is Davina. I just need to get one last bit of leverage before I pay her a visit." the boys left and I couldn't help but pace worrying about everything. It had been about 2 hours so I said "Elijah should have called by now." Genevieve said "Worrying isn't going to help. You should sit down, and try to keep calm." I frowned "What are you, now, magician slash zen-life-coach?" she said "The treatment of pregnant women has advanced remarkably since I was a nurse, but even I know high blood pressure is bad for you, and your baby. Especially now, since you're so close to term."

I sat down "I hate this. I feel completely useless." she said "Don't you get it? You're the point of all this. Klaus and Elijah running all over town? It's all for you. I'm a bit envious." I said "Great. Lucky me." she said, "Is there anything I can get you?" I smiled "How about a moonlight ring?" she chuckled "The spell can't be performed until the full moon reaches its apex. And, of course, I need the stones, which will be here soon enough. Have a little faith!" I got up and walked away I went to check on Jules who was in the playroom and called Elijah he said "Impeccable timing." I said "What's going on?" he said "Jackson is fine. He's...a little tied up right now. Can we call you back?" Klaus said, "Oh, that doesn't bode well." Jackson angrily said, "Are you trying to kill us?" I said "Elijah, tell me what's going on, now!" he hung up pissing me off "I was pacing the study, and Jules was sitting at the desk drawing when they walked in. All three of them looked disheveled and covered in ash. Jackson said, "I got it." Jules screamed "Jackson!" and ran to him, I wasn't far behind her. He scooped her up and wrapped his other arm around me as he hugged us both. I said "Thank god you're alive! Thank you." Jackson sat down as I tended to his wounds and Jules wouldn't let him go. Klaus said, "I'm fine, too, thanks for asking." I said, "What about the stones?" 

Elijah sighed "Scattered across the bed of the Mississippi, I'd imagine." Klaus poured himself a drink "Marcel's not a fool. He knows an empowered werewolf army would mean the end of vampires in New Orleans. The explosion is his way of saying he means to prevent that. For all the good it'll do him." I said, "Well, it did him pretty damn well, didn't it?" Jackson said "This is my fault. I'll find a way to fix it." I rubbed his shoulder "No, Jack, you're hurt. No one's blaming you." Klaus said "I'm blaming you! Those stones will be hard to replace. Fortunately, I always have a backup plan." we all headed downstairs, Jackson tried to put Jules in her playroom but she refused to let him go and screamed "No!" he conceded like he always does with her and settled her on his hip much to Klaus' annoyance. Once downstairs we saw Francesca and five other men. I said "You can't seriously mean her! She's a gangster!" Klaus said "I see her more as a means of procuring rare items at short notice. Greetings, Ms. Correa! I see you've brought company."

I nudged Jackson before heading upstairs, he followed me and I finished bandaging him up "There." he put Jules down and stood up to put his shirt on "Thank you." I said "Don't thank me, it was Elijah who vamped your ass to safety." he said "Yeah, well, he really seems to care about you." i said "It's...complicated." he said "I think that's the understatement of the year. Look, I gotta go get back to the Bayou before the moon rises." i said "Jackson, this will be the last time. After tonight, you'll never have to turn again. No more pain, no more hiding in the bayou. I promise." he said "You know, Klaus isn't doing this out of the kindness of his heart. He's doing it for you. Hayley, you're the one who's going to change everything for us. Alright sweetie, i have to go now." she threw herself against the door to block it "No! You cant leave me!" he looked at me so i shrugged, he got down to her level and said "But i have to." she said "Why." he said "Hayley help me out here." i chuckled "You spoiled her, now you deal with the consequences." he sighed "Hey princess, i really need to go back to camp." she said "What about me and mama go with?" I said "You and mama have to stay here." she crossed her little arms in defiance "Why?" he said "Well, remember when I said we turn into wolves so you had to stay inside?" she nodded "Well tonight is one of those nights, so you and mama have to stay here to protect you. Besides mama shouldn't be out and you gotta protect her since she can have baby sister anytime." she thought about it "Youll come back?" I promise. I love you princess." she hugged him "I love you too Jackson." then she came to stand in front of me.

Jackson saw Elijah "Seems I owe you yet again." Elijah nodded and Jackson left. Elijah said "I understand he risked his life to save his friend. He's a good man." I said "Yes, he is. Elijah... there's something that I need to tell you. My family... wanted me... I was supposed to be betrothed to Jackson. And apparently, Jules is betrothed to a wolf named Jaden I wanted to tell you sooner, I-I just didn't know how, it's this insane custody..." he said "No, no, you don't have to explain it. I understand the need to make sacrifices for one's family." I said "Come on, Elijah. For once in your immortal life, can you just not be so noble?" he said "What would you have me do?" I said "I just told you that I'm betrothed, according to some backwater arrangement by people that I never knew. Tell me that you think betrothals are stupid! Tell me that I have a choice..." he kissed me passionately then said, "You will always have a choice." Once Jules was down for the night we went downstairs while Genevieve started the moonlight ring spell. She chanted "Tua virtuse. Materi lunare tua virtuse. Materi lunare tua virtuse." Francesca rushed in "My people say Marcel is on the move, and he's bringing friends." Klaus said "Get Hayley to safety." and rushed out Elijah grabbed me and said, "Come with me." I said "No. Someone needs to watch her." Francesca said "You should help Klaus. My brothers and their security detail won't be much against a vampire army. I'll stay with Hayley." I nodded "Go, Elijah. And don't hold back." reluctantly he left. 

Genevieve picked up the stones "The stones are finished. I've done my part. Now, it's up to you." I went to grab the stones and said, "I'll get them to the Bayou." Francesca said, "Actually, she was talking to me." I said, "What the hell is this?" Genevieve gave the stones to Francesca who said "Call it a side deal. The point is, I'm taking the stones." I said "Are you out of your mind? You think the humans can go up against Klaus?" Francesca said "No, I don't. But, but I'm not human." she pulled out a knife, slit her bodyguard's throat, and doubled over in pain when she triggered her curse. "I'm like you, Hayley. And now, I'm gonna take back my town!" I lunged for her "Like hell you are!" suddenly I passed out.