Chapter 4: Opportunity

"Yudo, I have a question." They said. "You may ask it, is something wrong?" Yudo asked, leaning on the side table to listen. "No, I was just wondering, once I'm healed, do you think I'll be able to become a demon slayer like you?" They asked.

Yudo looked away and rubbed his temples, trying to formulate an answer. "For now the answer is no, but I shall explain why. While I do not think you are weak in the slightest, the training you must endure just to make it into the entrance test and become a first rank demon slayer are highly challenging and stressful. Dare I say, not many people could survive the entrance test, I struggled a lot too." He explained, gesturing with his hands as he spoke. (Name) nodded in understanding and looked away in disappointment.

"But..." Yudo added, grabbing their attention. "I could help you with volunteering to be a kakushi! Do you know what that is?" He suggested. They shook their head. "Well, think of it as almost like a field medic. You come out and help retrieve and heal demon slayers after tough battles. Hell, you might even save me someday! How does that sound, hm?" He asked. They thought about it for a few seconds, and nodded with a beaming smile. Yudo chuckled and patted their shoulder. "That's the spirit!" Yudo cheered, a toothy grin spread on his face.

"Squawk! Squawk! Northeast Village! Squawk! Squawk! Northeast Village!"

A crow on a perch outside squawked loudly. "I'm on it!" Yudo turned to call out. "I apologize. But that seems to be my crow, I have another mission to be on. Although, do accept the opportunity. A lot of appreciation and benefits will come with it!" Yudo recommended.

"Bye, (Name)! I promise to see you tomorrow morning! Get well soon!" Yudo wished, waving as he walked out of the door. "Goodbye, Amani!" They said, letting the man go on his way with a farewell leaving their lips.