She just looked at him, tears leaking out of her big blue eyes, and it nearly undid him. It was a feeling he'd never experienced, and it left him feeling unsettled, unsure of what to do with it.

He reached out to touch her, and she shrank away from him, her whole body trembling. He could see the fear in her eyes. This was the first time he'd ever really wanted to comfort someone and he couldn't. Her phobia prevented him from even trying to soothe her. Frustration burned inside, both at himself for wanting to comfort her and his inability to do just that.

"If our arrangement is upsetting you this much, Lily, we won't do it." Nikoli couldn't believe the words escaped his lips, but he wouldn't be the cause of this. People were right in that Lily was special, and maybe that was why he was determined to have her, but he would never deliberately do anything to cause her this much pain.

She shook her head. "No...no, this isn't your fault. Adam..."

When he heard her voice break, he wanted to smash Adam's face. What the hell had the little fucker done? "Adam what?"

She shook her head again and hiccupped. "Doesn't matter."

"It matters to me, Milaya." His voice was deceptively calm. When he got his hands on Boy Wonder, he was going to do some damage. "I..." He broke off when someone started pounding on the door. Growling, he swung around and nearly ripped it off its hinges, hoping Adam would be standing there so he could hurt him as badly as Lily was hurting now. Instead, he found the same girl he'd seen Lily with earlier tonight.

She blinked at him, surprised. "Where's Lily?"

"She's not seeing anyone right now." Nikoli tried to shut the door, but she slid around him. When she saw Lily in tears and shaking, she turned on him like a rabid dog. "What the hell did you do?"

"Nikoli didn't do anything," Lily defended him. "What are you doing here, Janet?"

"Adam said you were upset and..." Her eyes widened. "Adam did this? Honey, what happened?"

Lily's gaze shot to Nikoli, and he cursed. Janet did the same.

"Come on, Milaya," Nikoli said. "We're getting out of here for a little while."

"I don't know." Lily backed farther away. "I..."

"I promise, I'll be on my best behavior," he assured her. "You need to get out of here, away from everyone for a little while."

"I don't know, Lily." Janet's gaze swept to him, and his own anger sparked.

"I'm not the one who hurt her." The bite in his own voice shocked him. His babushka would slap the back of his head if she heard him snap at a woman that way.

"Not yet," Janet said hotly. "She's not a one-night stand, and she's not one of your girls who spread their..."

"Enough!" Lily shouted. She'd had it. Everyone needed to shut up. Her head was pounding, and she felt like she'd been dragged over a pit of hot coals. She hurt. Everywhere. She couldn't deal with any of this right now.

"I'm sorry," Janet apologized. "I just..."

"I know, Jan." Lily closed her eyes and let out a long sigh. "You care, and you're concerned, but Nikoli isn't anyone's business but mine. Leave it alone."

Janet's eyes went round, but she nodded. "Do you need to come stay at the House tonight?"

Lily shook her head. She couldn't face anyone until after she calmed down. No way in hell did she want Janet pitying her all night either. "No, I'll be fine. Go home, Janet."

Touch Me Not (Manwhore Series #1)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara