Episode-II Spoken like a true Queen

That day was unusual

An unknown feeling gutted her abdomen. She wasn't as enthusiastic and vibrant as other days. Maybe it was the humidity chocking the pore of dermis or wails of poor Radha- the cow in barn birthing a calf. She washed her face twice to soothe her burning eyes. Dullness still pertains. Sighing in exasperation, she covers the hot vessels of cooked food and wipes her hands in relief. Her work in the kitchen was done. Maybe now, her mother would refrain from lecturing about her duties today.

Exiting the kitchen, she approaches her grandmother occupying a worn-out cot in the verandah and reading one of her favorite holy books- RAMAYANA with astounding focus. Hearing the melodious chime of anklets in Gauri's feet, Sumitra looks up from the fat book and passes her a beautiful smile. Where other women in the village lost their teeth slowly with time, all her teeth were still strong enough to break walnuts. Gauri chuckled at the wrinkles collecting beside her grandmother's eyes, her mood brightening a bit.

"My princess."

Sumitra invited the young girl while patting the empty space beside her.

"Come here and listen to this verse where mother Sita warns the most powerful monster King- Raavana when he asks her to be his wife, after kidnapping and hiding her in the Asoka garden of his golden city- Lanka."

"A fickle and mean minded one with disturbed senses, the one who is not satisfied with his own wives, to such a man, others' wives will lead to humiliation

Are there no good people here or are you not following those who are good? It must be because your mind, devoid of traditions is perverse.

Having a king who has uncontrolled mind and interests in wrong path, destroys wealthy states and cities. This Lanka filled with best things will be destroyed in a short while due to one sin of its demented King.

I won't be tempted by wealth or money. Like you can't separate sun from sun-shine, it is impossible to separate me from Raghava, my husband.

After taking the shoulder which is worshipped by the world, of that Rama, how can I lean on another's shoulder?"