The School Festival

Start from the beginning

You blinked in Aizawa's direction but eventually sighed in defeat. "If I must."

"Each class will have an exhibition of some sort." Aizawa explained. "Today, you will decide what it is."

The two class presidents stood at the front of the class, and you quickly sank down so they wouldn't call you on. You weren't a staple part of this class anyways.

Kaminari recommended a maid cafe.

Mineta recommended something vulgar, earning a physical gag order.

Uraraka wanted a mochi stand. A lot of different food ideas were brought to the table, actually.

There were some unclear ones like a 'My very own sparkling show' or 'a banquet of darkness.' Even 'death match' was brought to the table.

In the end, everyone but you had made a contribution to the festival. Unnecessary and unclear ones were quickly erased from the board. Then the boring and bland ones like 'study party' and 'hometown history.'

"Wait!" Mina muttered quietly, her finger going from bullet point to bullet point. "We're missing a person!"

Yaoyorozu turned to the board. "Oh! You're right." Her eyes scanned the class, landing on you. "Y/N? Do you have any suggestions?"

You looked up, staring at the black board with the little words written in chalk. Then, you let out a sigh of annoyance.

"What's the matter?" Shouto asked.

"I thought you'd be doing something together." You folded your hands and rested your head on them. "The things on the board are either incredibly unclear or far too close to each of your personal preferences. I thought you'd do something that all of you could participate in."

Iida pointed the chalk at you. "How so?"

"Like, a maid cafe, a petting zoo, a frog choir, arm wrestling, and so on, they can't be done with everyone. Not everyone can arm wrestle or answer questions about heroes like certain people in the class."

Yaoyorozu slowly erased all the ideas that can't have everyone participate. Maid Cafe, arm wrestling, petting zoo, and all that.

"The food stands are based off of personal preference. Hence why you can't have an Asian cafe and a crepe stall together, for example. And everyone's pretty used to Lunch Rush's food, so little can rival it."

All the food ideas were erased.

"I do like your point." Yaoyorozu mumbled.

"Of course, you don't have to take my word for it." You stood up. "I have something to do after this. May I be excused?"

"Yep, go ahead." Aizawa got to his feet and waited until he couldn't hear your footsteps anymore.

Yaoyorozu and Iida sat down, allowing Aizawa to take the front. "Alright. I'm sure you understood from our conversation that Y/N has never been to one of these festivals for... obvious reasons. Try not to do something weird or vulgar. Do something someone would genuinely enjoy. And I think it's a good idea to take her advice. Do something you can all contribute to. And all the other classes can enjoy."

Shouto stared at your empty desk, suddenly remembering something.

•••

"Y/N-" He stopped, seeing you seated at your desk with noise cancelling headphone clamped over your ears, quietly humming the tune of the song that you were listening to.

Shouto couldn't see what you were doing at your desk. He couldn't really think of any hobbies he saw you doing, so he couldn't guess. But he didn't disturb you, closing the door.