{7.}

1521 ADTenochitlan

1521 AD
Tenochitlan

Hearing her brothers yell is what motivated Bia. Now standing on top of the Deviant, as fast as she could, Bia swung her sword in an obi ani spin before she went and stabbed her sword into its head. To say it took a while to take it down would be an understatement. It took all her and brothers strength just to weaken it. The moment It dropped dead, she jumped off, landing right in front of her brother.

"Show off." Kratos rolled his eyes.

"You okay?" Bia ignored his commentary and held out her arm to help lift him up. When he didn't respond but grunted when he put weight on his left leg, Bia got her answer. He hurt his leg, possibly broke it but nonetheless, he was hurt. "I need to get you to Ajak now. Where's Makkari when I need her?" She looked towards the burning temple. She could hear the screams and gunshots and knew it was only getting worse. It was no longer just a Deviant attack, but a war.

Knowing they were on their own for now, Bia quickly wrapped and arm around her brothers torso and began walking towards the temple. That is until Makkari quickly appeared and took off with Kratos before coming back to her.

Upon arriving at the top of the temple, Bia saw that her brother was resting on a table in front of Sersi, already being healed by Ajak but what caught her attention was someone else. Thena who was knocked out not he table.

"What happened?" Bia asked worriedly.

"Mahd Wy'ry."

"I thought Mahd Wy'ry was a myth." Bia quickly looked over at her brother before moving her eyes towards her leader.

"There is no cure, so no one really talk about it." Phastos was the who spoke up and then again it went quiet until seconds later Thena's gasp were heard.

"What happened?" The blonde asked.

"Thena." Ajak moved towards her. "You attacked everyone. Wounded Sersi, Phastos. You nearly killed Makkari." Hearing this news, Bia quickly looked over at her friend who quickly sent her an assuring nod. Letting her know that she was completely okay. No harm done, she signed.

"I don't remember."

"You have Mahd Wy'ry. You're mind is fracturing under the weight of your memories. And all I can do is erase them so that you can start over. I will have to inform Arishem and take you back to the ship where we have the technology to help you."

"But she won't be Thena anymore", Makkari signed.

"What if it happens again? She could've killed you." Kingo spoke up, making it obvious that he thinks she should have her memories earased. "She could have killed all of us."

"Please." Thena begged, now crying and Bia understood why, she wouldn't want her memories taken away either, but if Ajak said it was the right thing to do, then she'd do it. She  wouldn't want to harm her family. "Please, i... want to remember. I want to remember my life."

"Thena, I love you, but listen to me. It's not important if you remember or not. Your spirit will remain. You will always be Thena deep inside. Trust me."

"Why should she trust you?" Druig spoke up making everyone in the room look over at him. It was obvious he was angry, anybody could tell. Especially Bia, she knew the moment she arrived. The way he he stood expressed it. His head held high, his hands behind his back, anybody would be fool not to think otherwise. Even then, she could just read him that easily, she knew him better than anyone else. "You're asking her to erase who she is."

"Druig, I know your upset, but-"

"UPSET!" He shouted making Bia jump in surprise. "We trusted you for seven thousand years, and look where you've gotten us. I've watched humans destroy each other when I could stop it all in a heartbeat. Do you know what that does to someone after centuries?  Could our mission have been a mistake? Are we really helping these people build a better world, huh? We're just like the soldiers down there. Pawns to their leaders. Blinded by loyalty. It ends now." Druig went to mind control them and immediately, the humans had stopped fighting, they all dropped their weapons.

"Let them go." Ikaris went to  shove Druig and that made Bia react. She went and did the same thing, slamming Ikaris into the wall opposite of Druig.

"Lay another finger on him." She threatened. This only angered Ikaris who quickly shoved her away from him angrily, but still he kept calm after Ajak gave him a look. "Druig-" Bia went to try and calm him down, but it was already too late. He was already mind controlling the people again.

"If you want to stop me, you're gonna have to kill me."

"Druig." Bia pleaded when he began walking down the steps. "Druig!"

Nothing. No response. The male just kept on walking as if he didn't hear her and she didn't like that one bit. So she went after him. The only one attempting to stop her, was her brother who didn't even make it down the steps because he saw that she had caught up to him. He watched her try and stop him from walking away.

"Druig please. Don't do this." She pleaded.

"You think this is right?"

"No." She shook her head. "No. Not at all. But Arishem -"

"Are you coming with me or are you staying with them?" He cut her off which took her by surprise. She didn't like this, angry him.

Bia shook her head. "Don't make me choose."

"Because you already decided."

"I-"

"Look at me." Druig demanded to which she did. "As long as you follow Ajak's orders, there will be no peace. This planet, these people will only know suffering. Come with me. Together we can change that. We can help them."

"I can't." Bia shook her head.

"Then that makes you stupid." Druig backed away from the girl.

"I can't leave my brother and I wont betray Ajak. Regardless if she is right or wrong, I will respect her."

"You're too loyal for your own good, mia Bia. That will be your down fall. She will be your down fall." Druig whispered slowly as be began walking away in what looked like disgust. Neither she or he could believe what the other had chosen and that is what scares them. Bia had never felt so hurt or betrayed by the person she loved the most. Everything in her, every part wanted to go with him. So she cried for what felt like forever.

He left me.

She didn't follow me.

Once she returned to the top of the temple, she found that Kingo was gone. Along with Makkari, Thena and Gilgamesh.

"Where is everyone?" She asked moving her eyes from her brother to Sprite, Sersi nd back to Ajack.

Her leader went to gently wipe away her tears. "I let everyone go. Bia, for years now you have followed my orders and done what I've asked and I thank you. The deviants are all gone and now I'm giving you all freedom. Go live a life. Find what truly makes you happy. And when the time comes that we must come together again. I want to hear about everything you found, Okay?"

Taking in Ajaks worlds, Bia started cry more. "I could have gone with him."