Part 14

"Rene!" Vic called. "Is it cool if we hang out with some old friends? They invited us to their bus. There's going to be alcohol, and we don't want you to be pressured into anything."

"You guys have fun," I responded, without really hearing him.

"I'll keep her safe," Johnnie joked. We were looking through the merch tables, and I was far too interested in a Motionless in White tee shirt. I saw Vic shrug in the corner of my eye, and walk off. "You're actually down for hanging out with me for a while?"

"Are you kidding? I've been dreaming of this day forever." That was so lame of me. I started blushing immediately. I tried to hide my face behind a tee shirt, but I could still hear him smile. Great.

"Well, let's do something, then. Bryan's off somewhere. So you're just stuck with me for a while."

"It's really the other way around." I wasn't sure what to do without my brothers. But, I was hanging out with Johnnie. Keep it together, Rene. You've been calm with the guys in Pierce the Veil. Stay cool for just a little while longer.

"I don't think so. Come on. Let's go be idiots together. Maybe I can vlog for a bit. Also, Bring Me The Horizon should be going on soon." He saw my bracelet again. "But I don't think you like them very much," he said, sarcasm flowing through his words. I laughed at that. He took my hand and led me towards a grassy area to sit down. He got his camera out of a backpack he was wearing, and started to film.

"Hey, thug pugs! I'm here with this," he gestured towards me,"thing. She's, like, my only friend." I made a motion showing a single tear falling from my face and laughed. I started rubbing my pointer finger and thumb together.

"Do you hear it?" I joked.

"What are you doing?" he shouted, laughing.

"It's the smallest violin..." There was a pause of silence, and we burst into laughter. This was going to be fun.

"We're here at Warped Tour, and this is Vic and Mike Fuentes' little sister." I gasped. "The information is leaked." I smiled.

"I'm actually from the...ocean." I said, random things slowly rolling off my tongue. "I have gills somewhere."

"Can I give you gills?" Johnnie asked. He pulled a Sharpie out of his backpack. He started trying to draw on me, and I leaned far away from him. He tackled me, and stared down at me. He just looked at me for a really long time. I didn't even know what to say. What are words?

He eventually sat up, and I stayed laying down.

"You gonna get up?" he asked.

"Lazy."

Even hanging out with Johnnie was a major improvement. Even though I grew worried and anxious without my brothers around, Johnnie somehow calmed those thoughts and emotions. I don't know how he did it, but he made me happy. If I thought watching his videos made me smile, actually being with him felt right. I didn't think too much, and I just laughed a lot. I was actually starting to like him... But, like any girl, I would never tell him that.

Eventually, the guys came back from the bus. Warped Tour was pretty fun. Johnnie gave me a shoutout on the picture he took of us, and he gave me his number so we could talk more while I was on tour with Pierce the Veil. He said he'd try to make it to one of the concerts. The next one was in a couple days, and I was extremely excited.