Guilty as Charged

~Chapter 12~
Guilty as Charged

Charlis POV:
I screwed up. Bad. So bad.
I ruined everything. I ruined my relationship with my sister, I ruined my relationship with Ivan and I ruined my relationship with Chase.

I had so much. I had a best friend and a boyfriend and a sister. I have no one now.

I guess you can call it self sabotage. I pushed everyone away before they could leave. Chase told me he'd always be here no matter what happened between him and Delilah. But would he stay no matter what happened between him and I?

No.

He loves my sister. I'm a home wrecker.
I'm a cheater. I'm a traitor.

And for what? A kiss? With a almost married person?

It's not like I can be in a relationship with Chase? It's not like we can have anything. He isn't gonna leave Delilah. And even if he did I'm not sure I'd want to do that to her.

I ruined everything for nothing.

I picked up my phone to see a bunch of missing phone calls from Delilah-

Fucking hell.
He told her didn't he. Why would he do that?! It does no good?! It will just hurt her

I picked up the phone and called her back.

I feel so bad. So so bad. I don't know what to do. she's my sister, I love her. I just kissed the love of her life. I might have ruined her relationship.

She answered

Charli: "del- I can explain."

I can't. I really cant.

Delilah: "explain what?"

She doesn't know- thank god.

Charli: "oh. Nothing. Why did you call me a bunch?"

She sighed

Delilah: "Chase and I had a fight last night and now he's different. He's weird"

Or course he's weird. Because he just cheated on you.

Charli: "how's he weird?"
Delilah: "he's not talking to me. Yeah we're fighting, but he usually talks to me when we fight. He doesn't just ignore me."

It's because he stuck his tongue down your sister's throat last night.

Charli: "I don't know what to tell you. Maybe just leave him alone for a bit?"

So he won't accidentally spill it.

Delilah: "Maybe you could try talking to him."

No.

Charli: "No thanks"

I have nothing to say to him.

Delilah: "please Charli. Just call him. For me. Tell him I'm sorry. Tell him I can postpone the wedding"

Postpone the wedding? Why would they do that?

Charli: "what do you mean postpone the wedding?"
Delilah: "he didn't tell you?"

What?

Charli: "no"
Delilah: "he wants to postpone the wedding till you get better"

God dammit! Why does he make me feel like I'm a burden in his life. Is that even the real reason he wants to postpone it...

Charli: "oh."

Maybe I should call him.

Charli: "one second."
I hung up