"My name is Maxine, but call me Max"

"My name is William, but call me Will"

"Right, come in Will, I'll show you around!"

Max opened the door completely and signed me to pass with her arm.

I entered with little decision and observed the restaurant, very normal, a typical beach bar, with several ocean-colored chairs and wooden tables, but this one had a special charm, maybe it was Max, the contrast of her red hair with the blue of the bar made it something totally out of the ordinary.

"DUSTIN!" The redhead shouted, which took me by surprise.

I turned around, a boy a little shorter than me came out of the kitchen, he had a very strange face, clearly in a good sense, as if I could trust him without even knowing him, and he had curly caramel-brown hair, matching his eyes.

"Don't shout Max...who's this?" He stared at me with distrust and then looked at Max.

"It's Will, the new guy"

"Ooooh...Welcome Will, I'm Dustin, although you've already deduced it from the screams of my friend here, you'll have to get used to it."

I smiled, ignoring Max, who elbowed Dustin on the ribs.

"Thank you, Dustin" I said awkwardly, it wasn't an uncomfortable situation at all, but I just acted like that, all the time, and I hated it.

"Well, I'll be in the kitchen if you need me, Will"

"Right, ok"

The boy disappeared again into the kitchen.

"He is a dickhead, but I couldn't run this old place without him"

I chuckled softly, she mimicked me.

"He does look like a good guy"

"He is, but don't tell him that though!"

"I won't, don't stress"

We both giggled, and after that, Max gave me a tour the bar, and showed me what I would do, which was easier than expected, this calmed my nerves a bit more, maybe this wasn't going to be as difficult as I imagined, I thought.

"So, this is it?" I asked.

"Pretty much, you expected more?"

"No! This is perfect Max, it really is"

"I was kidding Will!"

I gave her my best smile, and she did it back.

"So, do I start now?"

"Hell no!"

I looked at her in confusion while I tilted my head.

"Look Will, you came in at 7:30 which isn't common for new guys, so i like you already" I smiled fondly, she was amazing "Today I show you around, tomorrow you'll start. Plus, you look a bit tired, maybe you should get some rest before you start working"

"Fine..." I looked down shyly "I really like you too Max"

She smiled at me widely, I really appreciated her even though we just met, which was very weird for me, I didn't usually like people, mostly because no one liked me either, but I really felt like she actually wanted to spend time with me, like she wasn't faking it at all.

"Do you want to grab dinner tonight?"

Was she really asking that? Part of me couldn't believe she did, if it was condescending, she was a pretty damn good actress.

"I'd love to, I didn't meet anyone here yet"

"I'll be your guru then, 6:30 in the beach?"

"Sounds good, see you there then!"

"Already looking forward it"

I was about to leave, but then I realized I didn't have a clue of where was my resort, or anything else, by that matter.

"Hey huh, Max, do you know where is Barb's Resort? Im staying there and I have absolutely no idea where it is"

"Sure, actually it's very close from here, just walk for like two minutes and turn right, you should be able to see it"

"Got it, can I have your number? Just in case..."

"Absolutely, I was about to ask it"

After exchanging numbers, Max accompanied me to the door and left me by myself, I felt weird being alone again, but I didn't really care since I spent mostly of my time like this.

I followed Max's instructions and I got there quite fast, it was a beautiful pastel green building, it did seem old, but it still looked appealing, the best part is that I could get there walking by the beach, although most of the streets on the village were sand, so you could just go barefoot anywhere.

I went in feeling a little more confident thanks to Max, and the inside was just as pretty as the outside, everything followed an aesthetic and no part of it felt out of place, the pastel colors everywhere made me feel comfortable strangely enough.

"What can I help you with?" Asked a relatively old woman behind a table with a weak smile.

She must be Barb.

"Im Will, Will Byers, I rented an apartment here, online?"

"Great, let me check that for you"

She plunged her head, apparently trying to see something on her dusty computer, and clicked her mouth.

"Here it is, room 13, enjoy your stay, dear" She smiled causing small wrinkles to come out around her eyes, I grinned back.

"Thank you"

After receiving the keys to my apartment, I went upstairs, hoping it would be good enough to live there for a month, and for my surprise, it was, it was far better than I could ever imagine, the walls were light blue, and lots of white furniture decorated the whole room, I definitely suck at explaining but it was beautiful. To the right, next to the twin sized bed, stood two large windows, which had a clear view to the deep blue waves, slightly covered by white see-through curtains, to the left was the bathroom, bigger than I initially would expect, and impecable looking.

I really couldn't believe my luck today, everything went a hundred times better than I expected it, honestly I was overflowing with joy.

I took off all my dirty clothes and my shoes full of sand, which I carefully emptied on the sink so that they wouldn't dirty the pristine wooden floor, then I took a refreshing shower which was probably the best one I had in years, I really needed it.

After doing everything I had to do, I emptied my bag and connected my phone to the wifi.
Then I checked it for the first time since I got here; 4 new messages from Mom.

I expected it. No one else writes to me, the only reason I had a phone was to answer her messages.

Hey Will! Did you got there safely?
It's been about 4 hours since you left and I miss you already, I know you don't have wifi now so just text me when you can!
There's not much going on here anyways, so just...Text me!
Oh, and Jonathan says hi!

I really had the best mom ever. She worried about me more than anyone else ever did.
I answered to her messages and I let myself fall in the bed, I didn't even have time to think about everything I had experienced...I made it! I fucking made it, and I was damn proud of myself.

I had traveled for about five hours and I was exhausted, so as soon as I closed my eyes, I fell asleep with nothing more than my underwear on, but I was happy, I couldn't believe I did it on my own, but it was over, the only thing I had left to do now was having fun, and I definitely would...

2029 words.

Author's note: Thank you for reading! This is my first chapter of a lot more coming soon, I hope you enjoyed, and sorry if its not perfect! I usually write these at 2 a.m...Inspiration, it comes and goes I guess...Anyways, stay tuned and tell me if you liked it!

By the way, my name is Sybil, nice to meet you!

𝐈 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐫𝐮𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮|BylerOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara