T W O

I opened my eyes slowly, I felt disoriented, so it had probably been a good nap, I rubbed my eyes and scratched my head, I felt....Happy, it had been a long time since I felt such warmth in my body and frankly felt amazing.

I stared at the window overlooking the balcony, the curtains were closed but it seemed late.

I had slept quite a lot...

But honestly I felt like I was missing something.....I just couldn't remember what...
I turned my head towards the clock on the coffee table next to the bed, 6:30, I was seriously forgetting something important....

MAX!

I jumped off the bed and my head went all dizzy, but I shook it and ran to the bathroom; I was a hot mess, I brushed my teeth and tried to comb my hair, which was useless, the humidity made my hair look horribly bulky, but it didn't matter, I dressed in my coolest clothes, took my cell phone and ran out of my room as fast as I could.

The lady on the counter looked at me with confusion.

"Bye!" I yelled.

I followed the path I did before in about 40 seconds, and I saw Max sitting on the staircase of the already closed Bar.

Shit.

I ran till I reached her and finally stopped on my knees to catch my breath.
She stared at me smiling.

"I-I'm really sorry Max, I fell asleep and- "Will" She interrupted me and placed her hand on my shoulder, I stared at her still breathless.

"You are just five minutes late, it's all good"

How stupid, I didn't even check the time.

"Thank you"

"No need to, plus I ended my shift a little late so you would have had to wait for me anyways"

I straightened at the same time as Max and sighed, thank god.
In that moment Dustin came out of the Bar.

"Hey Dustin, I'm going to hang out with Will, wanna come?"

Dustin came closer and smiled.

"I'd love to, but I have plans with Suzie, she is going to fall for my charm tonight, bet my ass"

I chuckled softly even though I had no idea who Suzie was.

Max rolled her eyes. "Lost battle"

"Well, gotta go, bye Will!"

"Bye Dustin, have fun with Suzie"

"I will, gggrr"

"Oh stop that Dustin!"

I laughed once again and stared at Max, she acted annoyed but she was definitely enjoying Dustin's weird roars.

"Who's Suzie?"

"His crush, hypothetically, I never saw her yet, he's probably lying"

"I believe him, he's got charm"

"If you say it....So, you hungry?"

I remembered I didn't have any food in about 12 hours, and I nearly drilled saliva.

"I'm starving"

"Great, what would you like to eat?"

"I'd kill for a good pizza right now"

"There's actually an Italian place in the plaza, wanna go there?"

"Sounds great!"

We started walking into the village, It was subtly illuminated, the sky was clear and the stars shone in the sky, I had never had the chance to see so many beauty together, there was so much to see that I was not even paying attention to Max, she seemed to read my mind and giggled.