16.

Out, and free, we went, chasing the winds that ignited on our faces.

Oh wait.

We were in the ocean.

"HELPPPP!!" Ozanen shrieked as we tripped, stumbling as we climbed the ceiling of the wall. However, her cry was muffled by the howling shrieks of the dragging ocean currents.

I grabbed Ozanne's hands with mine, squeezing my eyes into slits and forcing us forwards, as I tried to kick with my swimming power.

No such luck; swimming was for one person, not two.

We seemed to be traveling in a horrifying, agonizing slow-motion as suddenly the ocean rippled and out from the hole I'd blasted with my arrow in the roof came swerving out at least ten guards. Their rich golden tridents glittered and gleamed wickedly, their narrowed eyes fixated on our small shapes.

Ozanne mumbled something that sounded somewhat like, "Spaghetti Sauce," which I decided to ignore.

"Ozanne, hurry up! Just...kick or something!" I muttered, and my words were carried away into the whipping ocean currents, as we traveled snail-slow along the roof of the castle.

And then another shape rose, bobbing, from the hole. A shape with pastel pink hair, smooth, pearly skin, and a necklace lined with jewels that glowered like mini-moons, emerald green eyes, and flecks of gold and teal along her tail. I gritted my teeth, my eyes flashing with all the hate in the world.

"Kisha," I spat, the venom in my mouth dissipating into the watery landscapes around us.

"I wouldn't try to escape if I were you," she gloated, calling from behind us as the guards closed in-fifty feet, forty feet, thirty, twenty. It was all Ozanne and I could do to panic. She pumped her gold-scaled, teal-speckled tail. "The punishment will only result in worse ways. Though, to be honest, I have to say I'm impressed with all you've done so far. Too bad it's the end now-and too bad you're not on our side." She flicked her pastel hair with the back of one slender hand. "Guards, get them!"

"KISHAA!" I screamed, trying with all my might to kick her, or punch her, or do something that would hurt her...

Before the stroke of a tail whisked me and Ozanne away.

"Jamaica!" Ozanne gaped as familiarly yellow and slightly rough skin brushed my fingers. Under my hand something soft suddenly brushed-Jamaica's ringlet of flowers.

Her large eyes blinked at me innocently, and if we weren't in such distress, I would have raved about how adorable she was.

"Are you here to help us?" Ozanne whispered, obviously finding her words and piercing everything together before I could manage.

Jamaica tilted her head to the side cutely, blinking large, coal-black eyes at us.

I felt a slow smile tugging at my lips, just as Kisha screeched to a halt in shock at seeing her "personal ride" (I couldn't help the tiniest smirk on my lips as I thought this) help us.

However, the guards powered ahead like geysers: unstoppable.

Ozanne clambered quickly onto her back and patted her chain of flowers, bobbing softly in the water, gently. "Come on, Jamaica," she whispered into her ear. "Let's ride!"

For a split second, I thought we may be too heavy for her, but then the slender seahorse easily picked us up, and swam up to the opening of the palace.

"Go Jamaica!" I cheered as she rose up, up, into the surface of the air. Once we got out, Ozanne and I both took deep, long breaths until our compress regained.