Chapter Thirty - Confrontation

Începe de la început

"That is if she has stolen valuable information from the mafia," I said.

"But my mafia is retired. We no longer operate, only if it was strictly business-like clubs and restaurants," Mateo replied.

"I am not talking about your mafia," I told Mateo, turning my attention to Lorenzo.

As if on cue, Lorenzo's phone started ringing. He picked it up and pressed answer.

"Yes?"

Lorenzo's eyes widen in shock but quickly turned into anger.

When he ended the call, he faced Mateo.

"The weapon shipment we collaborated on to give to the English mafia has been stolen."

"Fuck..." Adam mumbled, placing his face between his hands.

"What is it, Adam?" Mateo asked.

"A week ago, Angelica told me that she wanted to be more involved in the mafia because she felt left out, so I took her to our old warehouse and showed her around. Then I took her to Lorenzo's...she walked around but I stayed with Daniel and the other men. She must have gone to Lorenzo's room and got the information," Adam explained.

"I can't believe this..." Callie mumbled weakly.

I wanted to hug her right there because she looked like she needed it, but I controlled myself.

"She shouldn't have done that," Mateo growled.

"Mat, calm down," Callie pleaded.

"Calm down? My fucking daughter betrayed me! She...she betrayed us, and I am not talking about the mafia, I am talking about us...she betrayed the family."

Callie started crying and all my previous attempts to save Angelica flew out of the window.

"I am going to kill him!" Mateo yelled, standing up.

"Mat, calm down!" Lorenzo yelled, following his friend and grabbing his arm. "You can't do anything right now! We need to play this smartly."

"I can't wait, Enzo. He ruined our lives and I will fucking torture the shit out of him before putting a bullet in his sick skull!"

"Mat, you are going to do all that, just not now!"

"Then when!" he yelled.

Before Lorenzo could say anything, I butted in. "Use me to get him."

"No."

"No!"

"Absolutely not!"

Mateo, Lorenzo, and Rio said all at once.

I wasn't going to lie, I really felt special, but that was beside the point.

"We are never ever going to do that again," Rio firmly said, leaving no space to argue.

"But that is the only thing that could work," I argued.

"No, end of discussion, Leila. You are not going back there again."

"So what do you suggest?" I asked, crossing my arms above my chest.

"Nothing that involves you," he replied.

"He's right, Leila. You shouldn't get involved anymore. Only three months left for you to give birth and those are the most important months," Valeria said, successfully convincing me.

"Fine..." I mumbled, earning a hug from Rio.

Mateo sat back down beside his wife and comforted her. He knew he got out of control and she was the only one who could tame the beast inside of him.

At least that's what Valeria told me.

"Callie, Mateo, and Adam, you will stay the night here, okay?" Valeria offered.

"Thank you, Val," Callie weakly smiled.

Before we left for our rooms, Cindy decided to show up in the living room for the first time in a while, startling Lorenzo, who turned out to be scared of cats. That's why he hated Cindy.

"For the love of God, get her out of here!" Lorenzo yelled as he stood up, walking far from her.

That broke the tension in the living room, bringing smiles to their faces, including Callie.

"You p*ssy! Are you scared of her?" Mateo laughed.

Rio chuckled and walked toward Cindy, picking her up. "I can't believe you've never let her here."

"Take her to your room, Rio, or I swear on your grandmother's life that I'll kill her!" Lorenzo yelled, making everyone laugh.

Valeria shocked us all when she said, "Well, at least he's not afraid of all p*ssy's!"

Right there, ladies and gentlemen, the whole living room roared in laughter...well, minus Cindy and Lorenzo.

* * *