Ch 1 : Introductions

[Host? Host. Host you need to wake up. Host. Hostttttt.]

"5 minutes mor....zzzz" The reply came between her snores.

[Host, You are already dead! You don't even need to sleep anymore!]

The girl was just humming a reply until she processed what she heard.

She jerked up wide awake and shouted ,"I am dead?!"

[Finally you are awake Host! And yes, you are dead that's why you need to transmigrate into different worlds and complete tasks successfully to get a chance to reincarnate again.] The same digital voice spoke.

"Wait wait wait. You mean I am dead? Like really really dead? Then what is this place? Heaven? Nah! I wasn't that good. Then HEll?! NO! didn't I go to school already-"

The electrical voice interrupted her ramblings. [Host, this is not Heaven or Hell. This is System's space. This is the place where you will return after completing your tasks from those worlds where you would be transmigrated in.]

The girl looked confused but she collected her thoughts and calmly said, "Okay, so this is a place called System's place. Okay. Then, who are you and where are you talking from, show yourself first and then let's talk calmly, shall we?"

[Host, I don't really possess a body till you reach level 50 but till then I can take the shape of a small computer robot but only in the system's space. ]

As the digital voice completed it's sentence, a small, about 2 feet, robot appeared made up of some kind of metal.

It had one pair of tiny square shaped legs and another pair of square shaped hand with a little larger round head and an even bigger vertically placed rectangle torso connecting the other parts from the middle.

Its face contained underscores and dotted features making up it's eyebrows, eyes, nose and mouth.

It was petite and cute making the girl fawn over it.

The system looked at it's host. She had brown, sun kissed skin with straight black hair and olive green eyes. She looked like she was in her later teens or early 20s.

[Hello Host, I am your System. Nice to meet you.] It said while his line shaped lips moved up and down.

"Awwww you are so adorableeeeeeee! Nice to meet you little robot. My name is Beatrice. You can stop with the 'Host', call me Beatrice. What should I call you?"

[Ok Host I will call you Beatrice from now on. Beatrice can call me System.]

"No. How can I call you system. You should have a name. Shall I name you?" Beatrice replied enthusiastically.

[Sure Beatrice, whatever.] It seemed like it had resigned itself to her fate.

"Okay! Then you are named.... Wait. Are you a boy or a girl?"

The question somehow seemed to have made it sad.

"Um, Never mind! I don't need to know a gender to name you, do I? I can call you whatever! So, your name from today is... Ari!" She used a gender neutral name. 

"Yes. I will call you Ari from now! How do you like your new name, Ari?"

Her eyes were almost sparkling as she said it.

[It is a good name Beatrice. I like it. Thank you very much. ] I feel like if I don't praise her, I will get attacked.

"Really? Great!" She cheered to herself.

I got a hyperactive host this time. *sigh* I don't think she can succeed... No. Let's not lose hope just yet.

[So Beatrice, I was saying that since you have died, you need to complete some tasks in some worlds which are actually story plots written by authors. After finishing your tasks, you will get a chance to reincarnate. ]

Her cheerful mood quickly died down and she seriously listened to Ari.

Biting her lower lip, she furrowed her brow.

I really died....How did I...die though? I... can't remember...Anything about my life then?... I can't remember anything at all!

After some time she replied, "Do you know, why I can't remember my life at all? Everything seems vague. I think I did remember them some time time ago but I feel like it's fading away..."

[This is natural. This is a way for preparing you for your next life and your missions. You won't be able to remember much except the some minor details. You would not even have been able to remember your name but since you spoke about it before it got deleted. You still remember it. It might or might not be a good thing.]

She nodded her head in understanding, surprisingly.

The previous hosts were actually dissatisfied with this specifically if not the whole thing. Maybe it's because she remembers her name?

"So I need to do some tasks in different.... fictional worlds.... Ummm.. What kind of tasks specifically?"

[It depends on the plot.]

"Okay wait. Why do I need to transmigrate in the first place? That too into fictional plots?" She made huge gestures and animatedly reasoned with Ari.

[This is set process for reincarnation. This is the only way you continue with your next life.]

"What if I don't want to reincarnate in the first place? I think I am pretty much comfortable here. What's the use in going back to life in the first place?"

[In the earlier procedure, you must have chosen to wish to be reincarnated, Beatrice. That's why, hosts come to system spaces.]

Her eyes widened and her lips separated. It seemed to surprise her quite a bit. "You mean this was a wish of mine? When I remembered my past?!" She shouted in shock.

[It seems so, Beatrice.]

Her eyes looked determined she spoke, "Ok. I accept."

But not less a second later, she faltered, "Uh... It won't be too hard though, right?"

[It depends.]

"Wow, that's so reassuring." She gave a deadpanned look.

"But I guess I have no choice left anymore, do I?" sighing in resignation, she finally accepted it.

[Okay Host. You will be transmigrating into your first world in 3 seconds.]

"Wait! First tell me what to do!"

[You can get the details only after this transfer.]

"But-" Before she could finish, a bright light surrounded her. She closed her eyes tightly and shielded her eyes with her arm.

When she opened them, she was already in a new place. Ari's voice echoed in her mind.

[Transmigration process is completed.]