002

⭒❃.✮:▹𝐝𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐧◃:✮.❃⭒

April 12, 1912

April 12, 1912

"I can't do this."

ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

"Josephine! would you get Katerina's dress out? She decided to show up for lunch!" Lilly shouted at the maid as she stormed into Katerina's suite, not even bothering to knock. What if she was in the midst of changing?

Hmph, who needed privacy anyway?

Lilly was her aunt of her mother's side of the family, she got along with her okay, besides the fact she was the one always scolding her to sit straight and always telling her to pull her beautiful brown curly locks into tight, head aching buns.

Katerina scoffed at her actions, holding the urge to roll her eyes, in avoidance of a lecture. "Do you have something to say?" She asked.

Katerina wanted scream at her, she wasn't her mother and it certainly wasn't her responsibility to take care of her.

She didn't need her over her shoulder every second of everyday anymore, not like when she was a child. At least, that's how she felt. Just because Katerina lost her mother didn't mean she could force herself into Katerina's life and act like she was her mother.

"No." She sighed, not wanting to start another fight.

"Good, lunch is in thirty minutes I expect to see you there no later. And stop hanging around that bow I saw you there earlier those dirty third class men will try to steal from you!" She scolded.

"Aunt Lilly, their not dirty! Some of them are friendly, kind even." Katerina defended, thinking about the sweet boy she spoke to earlier— Jack.

Lilly blew out a low whistle trying to contain her anger, "Nonsense! You don't think I didn't see you talking to that filth of a boy today? You're not to go near him or the bow alone again. Understood?"

"Your not my mother! I was simply exploring the ship and wanted to look at the view!" She shouted.

"Katerina, your mother didn't want that kind of life for you, she refused to let you live a life around those.. those disgusting— things, I forbid it! Understood?" Lilly lectured, ignoring the young girl.

Katerina couldn't believe what she was hearing, they weren't things they were human beings, just the same as them.

"You are unbelievably disgusting, no wonder George left you." She commented, referring to her ex-husband.

Lilly gasped, "Katerina!" She scolded.

"I'm not feeling well, you can go on to lunch without me." Katerina spoke through gritted teeth as she laid across the bed.