𝙲𝙷. 𝟺 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚇-𝙼𝚊𝚗𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗

Start from the beginning

'It's Deandra, Charles...I was Drogo's wife.'' your mother responded, stepping closer to the man in a drunken state.

That reminded you, the man could've seen younger, in your mother's age, perhaps; if he quit the hobo-looking appearance. He looked tired and afflicted, total disaster.

The man named Charles raised a brow, frowning. ''Never heard of it...Hank, send them away-''

''No! You know me, Charles. It's Deandra Miller, your college friend and so is Drogo! Drogo Sauven, you know him, Charles.'' your mother cried, now standing nearly face to face with her old friend.

''Wait, you're Phantom's wife?'' asked the man with spectacles, then fixed his gaze on you, looking bewildered. ''And you must be his daughter, no wonder you are a mutant.

''I'm Hank, Hank McCoy. Sorry, I didn't recognize you earlier; we've met here, right? When we held the funeral for Phantom.'' he finished, holding a hand for your mother to shake and she accepted in a sigh of relief.

''Now that I remember...how can I forget about Drogo? He's one of my best friends...'' muttered the man. ''You look...occupied, Deandra.''

Your mother cracked the frown, curving her lips upward, leaning forward to hug her friend. ''It's alright, I'm just tired, Charles.''

''So what exactly do you need?'' The man with a British accent caught the sight of you and shifted his gaze back to your mom. ''The school's been closed for years; we won't accept your daughter to enroll.''

''Charles, I need you to help me with a big favor. You see...'' your mother explained the whole thing to the older man again. ''I need you to look after my baby...she's very well-behaved, she won't get you into trouble, I promise.''

The man looked thoughtful, shuffling his hair roughly. He groaned before he stared at you out of a look of pure dislike. ''What can you do?''

''I- I can heal,'' you began, ''conjure force shield and erase memory, s-sir!''

The professor pondered, as his brows knitted in deep thoughts again, probably thinking if you were worthy of lodging in the mansion. On the other hand, Hank's enthusiastic demeanor made you think he was satisfied with your answer, the look which didn't quite match the middle-aged man's.

''Fine, I can help you take care of her,'' the host sighed, ''only if—''

''—I'll afford all the living expenses,'' interrupted your mother, hugging the man's shoulder again.

''I was going to say her blood,'' stated the man and your mother were taken aback. ''If she agrees to donate her blood for Hank to do the research. On top of that, she can't disturb me at any rate, and she needs to address me, sir or professor. I won't treat her like my own flesh; I'm not Drogo.''

Your mother was about to argue, but you thought out loud. ''I will comply with everything you said, sir.''

-End of Flashback-

''(Y/N), you are lost in your thoughts again. The bacon on your fork is about to drop,'' stated Hank, breaking your daydream while sitting across from you by the table.

Hank had become a presence much like Byron, a brother, yet their age and intelligence were very different; he was a great company despite he engulfed himself in the lab most of the time. But he would chat with you, cook for you and comfort you while you got sentimental. You couldn't call home, or else, Mr. Turk would hunt you down. That would not only bring trouble to your mom but to the professor and Hank, too. And you didn't want that to happen. You'd settle down eventually. Not to worry about being exposed to the public that you were a mutant.