Visiting on the Other Side

Start from the beginning

By this point, Era had to brace his hands on his knees. He was laughing so hard it was hard to draw breath. At the end of the day, he really loved his familiars. Sitting straight once more, he kept his gaze on the desk, waiting for his mate's reply to appear.

~Bliss, hate to break it to you, but calling two people idiots at the same time isn't multitasking. It's just speaking, and only about one topic.~

~Yeah, but at least I was telling the truth. You two are complete dunderheads.~

~Ealier you said I was intelligent though! You said, and I quote, 'the problem isn't that he lacks intelligence' end quote. How can I not be lacking in intelligence and still be a complete dunderhead?~

~You're special.~

~Gee, thanks.~

~You're very welcome.~ Bliss said, nodding graciously.

Era just snorted, and he felt that his familiars had very similar minds. He seemed to be having conversations like this very frequently. Just then, there was a flash of light in front of him, and a reply appeared.

It was confirmation that Lucius wanted him to come by, and Era smiled even wider than he had been after bickering with his familiars. Quickly, he put the note into his breastpocket, and apparated to Malfoy Manor, which Lucius had already keyed him into the wards for.

Feeliing very restrained, he knocked only three times in a brisk staccato, and was greeted by a house elf.

"Misters White will be following me to the salon please," said the female house elf, bowing to him.

"Of course. What's your name?"

"I is Penny, sirs."

"That's a beautiful name."

She nodded and mumbled out a thank you as she went down the hall faster, eager to get him to his destination.

Penny knocked on the door, and Era felt his shoulders relax as his mate's smooth toned voice said, "Come in."

Immediately, Era went over and embraced him. It had been too long since last they saw each other, and his dom was even antsier than usual, having been exposed to two new mates but being unable to bond with them.

"So, how've you been faring, love?" Era asked, stroking a hand down the older man's soft blond hair.

"Rather better than last we saw each other. I still haven't been able to get Narcissa to sign the divorce papers, but have gotten her at least out of the house. Blackshard thinks we'll get her to sign within the month, and by now I trust his judgement so much his word is practically law to me. It's so good for Draco especially though, having her toxic presence away.

"And anyways, Draco's at school now, and though I do miss him something dreadful, I have to be grateful for it in case things turn ugly. If she came to the house and caused a fit, I can't imagine the damage her words would do to him," Lucius said in a somewhat vacant voice, so focused on the possibilities that he barely remembered Era was there at all.

He came back to himself in a second though, eyes going sharp. He looked at their situation and said, "Oh, how incurably rude of me. Of course you should sit down! I didn't mean to keep you standing. Anyways, was there any particular reason you came by tonight? Not that I mind in the least, it's great to see you, this is just rather short notice for a meeting."

Era made his way with a guiding hand on Lucius' waist to a plush green loveseat, and settled down comfortably on it with an arm around his mate's shoulders and the veela's head pillowed on his chest.