Money Is No Object

Please comment!

**Era Damon White

"Here," said Iliam, "Is the way to get to Gringotts. This is the one place in the entire bank that people can apparate to and only people on a specific list have access. Any person not on the list will simply not arrive."

"So all I do is apparate to this area?"

"Yes, then either ring the bell over there to get an attendant or simply state your name aloud. Either will get you assistance if you are in need of it."

Era, Iliam and Windlash all piled back into the minecart that took people from vault to vault. The tunnels it traveled through were lit similarly to the one he'd gone down to reach the room of fourteen doors, sconces set in the walls with torches. 

It gave the place a rather gothic vibe, and he knew that the goblins had designed this area of the bank specifically to dissuade thieves. There was an aura to the tunnel, a very tangible sense of 'do not enter' that only affected people there without guidance. 

Windlash spoke up now, "We'll be taking you to three vaults of varying sizes, seeing as how we do not know what you want. They are all adjacent to one another, so it will take little time to show you them. Ah yes, vaults 513-515. Here we are."

Iliam was first to disembark from the cart, and he walked up to vault 513. Due to memories obtained from others, he knew that almost all the vaults in Gringotts could be opened by a goblin granted access, and that no other species could open any vault without the proper key. 

With him being the owner of the bank, Iliam's quick tapping on the door in a carefully constructed pattern opened the door easily. He'd have access to all vaults, excepting of course the few that could not open to anything less than a drop of their owner's blood.

Inside the vault, there was nothing. It was an empty room, perhaps ten by eight feet, with the height also being roughly eight feet. It was plain concrete, no shelves or anything other than the six sides of the box like room and the door.

Era thought that it would be too small, he intended to be absolutely outrageously wealthy, making more money than would be easy to fit in this vault. 

There was of course, also the small matter of wanting shelves and cases, but he figured it would be easy enough to conjure a few of those for himself. The bank was not obligated to put anything into the vaults, after all.

After making these quick assessments, he was back out of the vault and walking to the next, the two goblins just a step ahead of him as they had been waiting at the door when he'd entered the chamber.

As easily as before, Iliam opened the next vault, and Era entered it once again alone. It was fifteen by ten feet, same height as the other, and just as bare. It was to be expected of a vault after all.

The walls were the same smooth gray, seamlessly connected even where the walls and ceiling met each other. He was pretty sure the vaults had been carved out, seeing as how they were underground, but it must have been with magic. The corners were simply to perfect to have accomplished any other way.

Era figured that any vault he chose, he could quite easily extend with magic, or really do anything to it, but he still went on to the next vault with his goblin escort. It wasn't necessary, he already knew he was going to choose the largest one simply on principle, but it never hurt to look anyway.

Once again, the door to a vault swung open under the practiced hands of Iliam Simmons. This time though, rather than one panel of rock moving into the wall to leave an average door sized opening, two panels did, and it was revealed that the opening was mostly circular, though the bottom had been cut off so there was no chance of tripping whoever went in.