Chapter Nine: The Reappearence Of Nellie Brown

En başından başla

Nellie looked back in amazement. That escape had been the best one she'd faced yet and wow she had tried many times. She stuck her middle finger up at the guard and grinned before her eyes then focused back on Robin. "You really are a weird runner."

Just then the sound of the walkie-talkie on the seat beside Nellie could be heard. At first, it started off as a muffled load of jumbled-up words but soon it became clear that the person on the other side was Dustin. A very panicked Dustin.

"CODE RED. WHERE ARE YOU!? THIS IS A CODE RED!" He shouted, his voice full of concern and worry for what seemed unknown to the two in the front of the car.

Robin grabbed the walkie-talkie fast and held it to her ear whilst flicking the on switch, "Dustin! It's Robin we copy!"

Dustin let out a quick sigh of relief before he got straight to the point of why he seemed so urgent to get a response, "Holy shit finally! Please please tell me you guys got her! Please tell me she has a way and you've figured it out!"

They both turned their heads towards the girl in the back who looked at them seeming to be aware of the situation at hand. "Music! They need Music to get her back... all you need to do is hope she runs. It somehow works. Any music. like her favourite song!" She informed them on what to do.

Arriving back at the house, Nancy ran inside and looked at the others. Most were sleeping apart from Steve who was sitting awake as if waiting for her and Robin to come back. When seeing them he sprung from his seat and walked over, his expression softening as his brows no longer were furrowed and his lips went wider.

"I thought something had happened to you both!" He blurted out, looking at them both and shaking his head. However he then saw another face and his expression seemed to falter again, accept this time he just looked confused.

Nellie looked him up and down and then smiled, "Nellie Brown, you must be the babysitter?"

Robin and Nancy both laughed and then patted him on the shoulder, "I promise we didn't tell her that." Nancy said and then looked over to Max who luckily was now fast asleep after almost being caught under Vecna's curse. It was true she'd found it hard getting rest recently but with the lack of sleep that she'd had the past few days it proved itself easy after the events that had happened in only a single day.

"How is she?" She asked.

Steve pulled a face at Nellie who just shrugged and took a seat in one of the chairs beside her, before turning back towards Nancy. "She's.. as good as she can be really. We got her out and that's the main thing but for now, we've decided she'll keep the headphones on when she can. This Vecna shouldn't get her then."

She sighed in relief and then sat on the sofa, "have we heard from Munson recently?"

He laughed a little, "well not exactly.. but we're hoping not to for now. Then again I bet he's expecting his food delivery soon. We can't keep him locked in there forever even if he did try and attack me."

Robin raised her brow, "I think you'd find you almost attacked him with the ore first." she commented, nudging him slightly.

Nellie just listened having no idea what they were talking about. Who was Munson? She shook her head. "If he's a person I'm sure he'll survive another few days. I've been locked away almost my entire life and I'm still here. I think he'll be fine."

"Whose this girl again?" Steve asked, still having some judgmental expression on his face by the things that were coming out of this new person's mouth,

"I told you. Nellie Brown. Or 002 depending where you know me from.." she told him again, seeming annoyed by the way she was being spoken about.

Nancy glared at Steve slightly as Robin spoke "she's going to help us. She knew Vecna or Peter Ballard or 001 or.."

"Yeah yeah, we get it." He said and then nodded, "fair enough but how do we trust her? If she knew this guy then what's the odds she's helping him hm?."

Nellie sighed, "Steve is it? I've heard many things about him over the years Steve and when I knew him he was a very odd soul... and I mean odd. I didn't think much of it back then but now I realise why and although I had my similarities.. we're nothing alike, not how he said anyway." She explained. "I would never partake in such things as he has.. the things you've heard about my family, it was a mistake, it wasn't supposed to happen not like his situation had. He wanted his family dead... I didn't. I'd do anything to get them back and whereas I can't them, I can make sure to help you keep your families and friends alive. I'm not dangerous... I'm not psychotic. I'm human. I just have special abilities like your friend Eleven... if you can trust her then you can trust me. I'd arguably say I'm a lot stronger but I don't know this Eleven so I suppose for now I'll have to do."

Steve saw no use in arguing with that. Her point was pretty valid and she was right they didn't have Eleven so she would have to do and If she was anything like Eleven or stronger as she had claimed to be, then she'd definitely be enough. Not only that but she also knew Vecna and so if she knew all about him then she and her power could possibly be one of his many weaknesses. Little did they know, that a weakness was exactly what she was.