Surprise Sleepover?

It's been awhile since I've updated, but upon this update, you guys on Wattpad are caught up with my updates on Quotev! Don't be shy and let me know what you think of the story! Enjoy reading :D

 Warning: Mild Cussing

The next morning, Hoshika woke up more tired than usual. She amounted it to staying up last night helping Natsume with his injuries. Checking the time she blew air out of her mouth sharply and covered her head with a groan. "My bed is so comfortable." she complained, not wanting to get up. Reluctantly getting up, she threw her small legs over her bed frame and set her sock-covered feet onto her hardwood floor.

She quickly got dressed, not doing anything special with her appearance due to sheer laziness. The female came out of her room and looked down the hallway at Natsume's door. Maybe he already left? Who am I kidding, he's a rebellious troublemaker, why would he leave early for school? She snorted aloud at the thought and made her way to the door. She lightly knocked five times and waited patiently for the boy to answer.

After a few short seconds of waiting, the boy peeked his head out, his face contorted into his usual narrowed brows and frown. "What do you want?" he asked shortly.

A bit surprised at his sharp attitude, Hoshika widened her eyes, "O-oh, I just wanted to check your injuries--"

"They don't need checked." he said cutting her off. Natsume barely looked at the girl before swiftly closing the door and walking right past the girl. He was down the hallway before Hoshika could even register what happened.

"Huh. What did I expect?" she said dryly to herself. She followed behind him and made her way to class, in a way worse mood than before. Just when I thought we were getting closer...

Later that morning, Hoshika sat in her seat, her notebook and pencil pouch open as she spaced out staring at the beige-colored wall in front of her. She could hear a voice faintly talking her ear off, and she knew right away it was Mikan.

"...and he hasn't replied to any of the letters I've sent! He always holds grudges! I bet he's probably still mad because I ran away from home." the orange-haired girl said, rolling around on the floor in half worry, half anxiety. Mikan frowned at her friend who wasn't paying any attention to her. "Hoshika! Hoshika, are you even listening?" she said, pulling at the girl's sleeve.

"Of course I'm listening." she replied, unconvincingly, "I send my parents letters and they never reply." Hoshika said, in the seat next to Mikan, pulling out the latest book that their Japanese teacher gave them. She flicked to the page the homework was on last night as Mikan continued.

Mikan sat up straight and made a weird hand motion with her arms, "But... it's different!"

The short-haired girl looked up, offended, "Hey, what's that supposed to mean--"

"Hmph! How heartbreaking." Hotaru said, interrupting the girls and kicking the moping Mikan over. "Why are you throwing a tantrum in the middle of the classroom?" the heartless girl said rhetorically, not showing much remorse for her childhood best friend. The mind reader boy from earlier was also there and Hoshika realized she never even got his name.

Literally reading her mind, he told her, "It's Kokoroyomi." with a nod, she figured that was one thing covered and went back to reading.

Unfortunately, Mikan's worry never ceased as the school day went on. One could say it even got worse, which could be observed by the fact that the girl was now asking Otonashi, the class seer, to tell her of her Grandpa's whereabouts.