The Battle Of Alice Dodgeball

Long update! Also, don't be afraid to tell me what you think of the story, good or bad!!

The weekend passed just as quickly as it came and Monday was here. Today, Hoshika felt like she wanted to get dressed up, the reason why? She didn't know, but who really needed a reason to get dolled up? So, she took extra care with her appearance, carefully brushing her short hair, applying a few small stokes of mascara onto her already thick eyelashes, and did a once over on her face. Once she was satisfied with the look, she finished her outfit with a beautiful shiny barrette that she clipped just above her left ear. Her bangs hanging just beyond her eyebrows.

On her way to school, she skipped the whole way there, not knowing why she was in such a good mood. I have a feeling today's gonna be a good day! She quickly finished her garden cleaning and made her way to class. Even when she got to the classroom, she bid Natsume a cheerful "Good morning!"

He gave her a grunt in response and continued reading his manga. He wore the same thing he always wore, the school's uniform and his typical angry, uninterested face. His black hair was down as usual and he accessorized with gold earcuffs and gold studs.

"What's got your panties in a twist?" she asked him, sitting down next to him and opening her notebook.

"Nothing." he stated.

She gave him a blank stare, not believing him, but not saying anything about it either. There's definitely something, but I'm not gonna let down-in-the-dumps Natsume ruin my day.

"You look different." the boy commented, red eyes staring at her between his hair.

"Duh, cause I put effort into my appearance, unlike you." she shot back.

"You call that effort?"

Hoshika scoffed and picked up one of her pencils, "I should be mad at you, anyway. You left me there with those... things." Even thinking about it makes me angry. The black-haired girl hugged herself and shuddered, "I wouldn't have had to go through that if you saved me."

Natsume smirked, setting down his manga, "That's funny 'cause the last time I checked," he grabbed the top of her head to make her face him and red eyes met brown. He leaned in so close that Hoshika moved back with wide eyes, "You weren't my responsibility."

With that, he left an astonished Hoshika to her thoughts, going back to reading his manga. She 'hmph-ed' at him and turned her knees away from him. She continued to write in her notebook, quickly finishing her homework from the night before.

From her seat, Shouda watched Natsume and Hoshika talk, an annoyed twitch cursing her eye. It especially made her upset because she felt this weird pang in her heart everytime she saw them together. She didn't think that a girl like Hoshika should be anywhere near her precious Natsume! "She's not even that pretty..." she turned to her friend, "She's definitely not pretty, right?"

"Yeah, ugh, she knows what she's doing wearing all that makeup." her friend responded, glaring at Hoshika.

"I know right? What a cake-face..." Shouda laughed haughtily and her posse of girls followed, "Poor Natsume-kun, I'd hate to have to be partners with her. She's so fake."

Even though Hoshika couldn't hear what they were saying, their loud laughter made her feel self-conscious. What if they're laughing at me? She shrank down in her seat just as Mikan came into the room. Her bubbly best friend walked through the door, lifting the energy of the room.

"OH MY GOD! Hoshika! You look so pretty today!" Mikan ran up to the girl with the brightest smile, grabbing Hoshika's hands and spinning her in a circle. "Ah... my best friends are so pretty!" she grabbed both of her best friends by the shoulders and brought them in for a group hug.