iv. crime investigators

CIRCLES !

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(004

(004. CRIME INVESTIGATORS)

MS. O'DONNELL BEGAN HER USUAL EARLY MORNING ROLL CALL. "Edward Munson? Are you here?" The middle-aged woman called out. Pushing up her glasses she marked him absent on her clipboard, moving on. Vivienne unconsciously turned to his desk and wondered if he "celebrated" too hard last night. Or if he was playing hooky today either way it was none of her business.

But for some reason, it stayed in the back of her mind all period. Maybe it was nothing. He is the same person who stands on top of lunch tables mouthing off about bullshit labels.

Did it surprise anyone that a rowdy guy like him would ditch school every once in a while? Not at all. That would be an ordinary person's source of reasoning because their life is intact. Their knowledge on the Upside Down didn't exist to corrupt their bubble of normal. Unfortunately for Viv and the others whose worlds have been completely flipped inside out. They no longer took stuff lightly because nothing could be ruled out so easily these days.

To avoid psyching herself any further she did her best to focus on something else. It worked for only so long when a hard knock disrupted the entire class.

Ms. O'Donnell was given a bright sticky note from another staff before they departed. She skimmed over it and continued talking about the lesson. Her heels clicked loudly that it was bound to draw attention to whoever it was for. And it so happened to be for the quietest student ever. Just her luck as she gently took the paper from her homeroom teacher's hand. It read, "Yearbook meeting in the school's darkroom head there now."

Something was off about all this yet Vivienne kept a straight face to ward off any onlookers. Quickly packing her things she headed off.

The yearbook club had a meeting last week and everything was finalized to perfection. What else was there to discuss especially a day before spring break. It seemed too disorganized for a club that strived all for appearance. Most of the members were kiss-ups whenever the principal came by. Her grip on her book bag only grew tighter, discoloring her naturally red knuckles. There she stood in front of the forementioned darkroom.

A sinking feeling formed in her chest with a small breath and swift motion. She twists the doorknob and hesitantly enters the purposely dim-lit room.

She was met with none other than Nancy and her little sidekick Fred. "This was you? You had me shitting bricks the whole way here," She heaved out. Ignoring Viv's crude comment, Nancy shifted. "We're going out on a field trip but we need you and your camera." Nancy asserted her eyes darting away from Viv's own. The said girl stood confusedly, wanting nothing more than an explanation.