iii. double-team

CIRCLES !

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(003

(003. DOUBLE-TEAM)

WHO SHE PRESUMED TO BE THE INFAMOUS EDDIE WAS GLARING AT THEM. He slowly made his way around the large table, the very one that looked stolen from someone's dining room. His eyes started on Erica Sinclair and landed on Vivienne Porter last. The sudden tension made everyone uncomfortable that Dustin couldn't help but awkwardly laugh.

But all she seemed to ponder was how these boys could put this idiot on a high pedestal. Not that it was a dig at his looks but he gave off your typical douchebag vibe.

Finally breaking away from the mutual stare-down, "I'm sorry but I'm going to need a word with my lovely recruiters," She jeered, roughly grabbing the back of Dustin and Mike's necks. The club leader motioned her to go right on ahead. She raised a brow because she wasn't necessarily asking for permission more so telling him. With that, Vivienne dragged them to the farthest corner of the room.

To avoid the other strange fantasy nerds possibly listening in. And she was also unsettled by their nonstop snickering. Was it in disbelief or at something funny? She couldn't tell and it annoyed her by all means.

"Be honest, are you guys being coerced into this? If not then why do you guys look like you're going to shit yourselves?" Vivienne harshly whispered. Dustin managed to free himself from her manhandling. "Of course not. What they write in the paper isn't true ya know! It's just harmless D&D like it's always been. This is serious to us, especially Eddie. You may not care about it whatsoever but we do."

Mike and Viv went quiet, they'd never seen him so passionate or without a hat. That wasn't the point but something turned in her stomach.

Guilt. Viv underestimated the comfort and sense of security this board game brought to them. It allowed them to feel like they belonged somewhere. There was no one here to make them feel like an outcast, it was something exclusive that they bonded over. Which was what made it more real than the shallow popularity and backstabbing followers. She pursed her lips, adjusted her jacket, and took a deep breath through her nose.

"Let's get this show on the road then," The dark blonde voiced, watching as Dustin's smile grew ten times wider.

She walked to Erica and placed a hand on her shoulder. Making the younger girl confused at what Vivienne was insinuating. "How would you feel about tag-teaming?" She mischievously grinned, giving her shoulder a light squeeze. She processed her words carefully. Vivienne knew what her answer was the minute a full-fledged smirk made its way onto Erica's features. The empowered girls strode in front of the ringleader.

"Are you ladies done gossiping?" He retorted, lowering himself to Erica's eye level. Not that he would ever admit it out loud but he barely had a few inches over Vivienne to come off intimidating.