Chapter 23: One last night out

Start from the beginning

"You guys don't need to repay me." Michael reassured them. "I helped you guys out because it was the right thing to do." 

The two then smiled back to Michael before they pulled him into a hug.

"Thank you." Booker said sincerely. "I'm glad we met."

"So am I." Michael replied before they split. 

"Well, were going to go get something to eat you want to come along?" Booker asked. 

"No, I have plans elsewhere." Michael said. "Another time thought."

"Okay, we'll see you around." Elizabeth said before she and Booker left him alone in the library but then Elizabeth stopped and turned around and surprised Michael with a kiss on the cheek causing the WW1 veteran to blush. "Take that as a small thank you from me, bye!"

Michael then watched as the two went off to go eat with his hand on the cheek she had kissed him on. He then turned around to go back to his dorm with the rest of the team but was then stopped by very annoyed looking Ruby.

"Who was that, Michael?" She asked curiously raising one of her eyebrows. (Someone plz drawl this! It's so funny!)

"Oh, just some new people to the school." Michael explained. "I was just showing them around."

"And why did the girl kiss you?" Ruby demanded. 

"Well, she said it was a 'thanks' for showing them around." Michael said as Ruby blankly staired at Michael. "Look I have no interest in her if that's what you're wondering, you are the only one for me." 

"Humph!" Ruby pouted. "You'd best prove that to me, over a date!"

"How about tomorrow night?" Michael asked. "I mean the rest of my team is having a night out on the town if you want to invite the others."

Ruby then turned back to look at Michael and formed a smile on her face.

"That would be nice!" Ruby said. "Oh, by the way, for our date I'm bringing a friend of my who wants to meet you."

"A friend of yours?" Michael asked.

"You'll see." Ruby said as she turned around and started walking away. "I hope you'll be prepared for tomorrow."

"Huh, I wonder who her friend is?" Michael wondered as he then started walking back to his dorm. 

The next day...

After the weird meeting in the library yesterday Michael made it a goal for himself to impress not just Ruby but also whoever her friend was. He was currently in his team's dorm room getting dressed for the occasion in a light blue t-shirt and green camo shorts and his combat boots. Holstering his M1911A1 on his right hip he then made his way to the garage where the others were waiting to head out into town for the night. While walking out of the dorm room and locking the door he then saw Neo in her disguise walking in the other direction. Wanting to try and be friendly to the criminal he smiled to her and gave her a small wave of his hand and the criminal in disguise returned the gesture. 

With that behind him Michael then quickly made his way to the garage expecting to see everyone there. But when he walked inside, he was surprised to see only Nick and Velvet inside dressed for the night out.

"Oh, hey Michael." Nick greeted. 

"Hey Nick, where are the others?" Michael asked. 

"They said they'll be here in a few minutes." Nick explained.

"Yeah, Coco is getting them dressed up for tonight." Velvet explained.

"You know what, that makes a lot of sense." Michael sighed knowing that Coco was a woman of fashion.