thirty-four

34. Agar mere ek jhoot se aapki muskurahat yun hi khilti rahegi, toh mein jhooti hi sahi. (If my one lie keeps your smile blooming, then I'm better off being called a liar.)

warning// explicit content ahead.

•°•

- priya -

To say I was nervous, would be an understatement.

I hadn't realised the extent of limits we had crossed last night. It was as though a single kiss was enough to invoke something unsaid between us. I couldn't get away from Aditya's eyes the whole day, they followed me everywhere, and they knew when I was around.

As for the birthday gift, I had expected a long drive or something similar. Not a seven stars hotel.

When the staff greeted us in the lobby, we were escorted to the rooftop setting that overlooked the entire city. It was beautiful, slightly cold, but like a gentleman my husband is, he wasted no time in removing his suit jacket and lending it over my shoulders.

Cuddled on a foldable couch, with a bucket of popcorn and a coke, we watched a movie together. It was another of his guilty pleasures as he calls them. But what really pulled me into the movie was the fact the main lead had the same name as Aditya. He was fictional of course, my Aditya was very much real, and a lot more charming.

"I aspire to have confidence like her," he commented as the female lead declared she is her favorite.

"You can be my favourite," I said cheekily.

"Accha ji? (Oh really?)" He looked down at me with a playful grin.

"Nevermind. You are already my favourite." I laid my cheek on his chest, my arms wounding around his lean torso. I like his body, he is lean, but the moment I'm in his arms, it's like I'm shielded and safe. It's the most beautiful feeling.

Aditya clasped around my shoulders tightly, pulling me even closer. I basked in the heat his body radiated, inhaling the sweet fragrance of his french cologne.

He looks so unreal in suits. I don't know what it is, or maybe it's just one of my weird fetishes, but every time he wears a suit, I don't want to keep my eyes or hands off him. He radiates allure and demands attention. At least mine, and if Pari's blatant checking out was any signal, then all the other females as well.

The thought of that woman made me grimace.

When I first met her, I didn't really pay attention to her behaviour towards Aditya. Back then, I could care less about it. It was not of my concern who likes him anyway. Nor was he the center of my attention that I'll pick out the little details about his life.

I regret that a great deal.

Pari is attracted to Aditya. Even a blind person would be able to figure it out. She doesn't make it subtle anyway. There are hints thrown every time she is around my husband, making him her sole attention, giving him those starry eyes, blushing at the slightest of his attention. I don't understand how Aditya fails to see them.

But then again, it's Aditya Shrivastava we're talking about. Even Tweety might believe he can fly, but he won't.

"Priya," his raspy voice broke me off the chain of thoughts. I stretched my neck to the right as he buried his face there, the movie on the screen forgotten. I felt him place a soft kiss on the bridge connecting my neck and shoulder, before he deftly tugged down the sleeve of my dress, resting his forehead there and breathing deeply. "We can watch this movie if you want and call it a night in the room, but if you allow," he pulled away, looking at me with the intensity I was hoping to see in his eyes last night. But better late than never, I guess.