Qiao Xi said, “… I still have something else to attend to, so I’ll leave first.”

If Zhou Guanjin knew that her marriage with Gu Zheng was a result of an impulsive decision and they were merely in a transactional relationship, he would probably tell their master and teacher about it. By then, her life would be turned upside down.

At the same time, in the chancellor’s office.

Gu Zheng casually played with the teacup in his hand and smiled meaningfully. “What’s wrong? Is it so difficult to get you to help deal with someone, Chancellor Chen?”

“About this…”

Chancellor Chen broke out in a cold sweat. “President Gu… Please calm down… It’s not that I don’t want to help you handle this matter, but if I punish the students without a good reason, it’ll be hard for me to explain it to the public.”

Song Shiyu pushed his glasses up his nose bridge and handed him a document. It was the information gathered after investigating the incident on the forum. Chancellor Chen flipped through it in a hurry while secretly glancing at Gu Zheng. He did not know why Gu Zheng wanted to be involved in this small matter.

“President Gu… Qiao Rou is indeed in the wrong here, but there’s no way to prove that the thread she posted was fake news and she was spreading rumors… If she’s telling the truth, we can’t punish her. Also, the students are all boycotting Qiao Xi and are against her becoming a teacher in the design department. If the university rashly takes action, I’m afraid it’ll attract backlash.”

Song Shiyu had been by Gu Zheng’s side for a long time. He had long become skilled at observing people’s expressions. Seeing President Chen’s hesitation, he smiled. “President Chen, I forgot to tell you something. Miss Qiao Xi has just registered her marriage with President Gu. Her name is on the Gu family’s household register. The person who drove Madam to work this morning was the Gu family’s chauffeur.”

After a pause, he smiled. “If you don’t believe me, I’ll call the driver and ask him to come over. You can identify him.”

Chancellor Chen did not expect that Qiao Xi and Gu Zheng would actually have such a relationship. His legs went soft and he directly fell to the floor. He said in a flustered tone, “I… I’ll handle it. I’ll handle it right away!”

He had never expected that Qiao Xi and Gu Zheng would be in such a relationship!

Chapter 58: Warning And Punishment

After Gu Zheng and Song Shiyu disappeared out of the door, Chancellor Chen wiped the cold sweat off his forehead and took out his phone to give the Academic Affairs Bureau an order.

“Qiao Rou fabricated stories about a teacher and caused trouble on the forum. She’ll be punished as a warning to everyone. If she violates the rules again, she’ll be expelled! I hope the students will take this incident as a warning. The forum is a place for students to communicate and discuss. It’s not a place for malicious people to sway public opinion and attack others!”