awake

I could not sleep.. I sat awake with their unconscious body just feet from me. I drew on myself, hoping the time would go by faster but it only seemed to slow.

Every few minutes I glanced at them to make sure they were still asleep. No. Not only to check if they were asleep. They had warned me that they slept in only a hoodie, I said it was fine because I was a visitor in their house, who am I to tell them what to wear?
Their body. I caught myself looking at how perfectly shaped their body was.

On several occasions I had found myself wishing I could take that hoodie home with me and just simply indulge myself in their smell.

But that's weird. I am a creep.

No, no.. I'm not weird. I'm just tired. But sleep seems like a gift I am not worthy enough of relieving.. so I opened my phone and began to read. I read anything I could get my hands on, books, comics, news article. My eyes however, my eyes wandered. They traced the room; eventually landing back on their body.

I quickly jolted my eyes back on my phone.. if they knew I was looking they'd never speak to me again but throughout all of the thoughts in my head I smiled. I smiled because being in their presence makes me weak in the knees. I smiled because my heart melts when we exchange friendly touches.

I didn't like them as a friend.. but I could never tell them how I felt. They don't feel the same way.

I'll keep quiet; wait for night to become morning and all of this can become the past. I'll eventually forget the past.