My Heart Will Go On: Eddie Munson

Start from the beginning

Jack, I want you to draw me

Like one of your French girls, wearing this

Alright

Wearing only this

A few weeks into dating Eddie you found out that Eddie was a talented artist, so after some convincing, you asked him to draw you to which he agreed but you had a little surprise for him. You were going to be wearing his guitar pick necklace and only that and you couldn't wait for his reaction. 

"Eddie I want you to draw me, wearing this." You said watching as his mouth dropped open at the sight of you only wearing his necklace. 

"Al...Alright." He stammered out trying to focus on the task at hand. 

"Wearing only this." You said. 

Love can touch us one time

And last for a lifetime

And never let go till we're gone

Love was when I loved you

One true time I hold to

In my life we'll always go on

You knew that you would never find a love like Eddie, he was the love of your life and you guys had so many plans for the future including marriage and kids, you both knew that your love would last forever.  You could never love anyone the way you loved Eddie. 

Near, far, wherever you are

I believe that the heart does go on

Once more you open the door

And you're here in my heart

And my heart will go on and on

It hurt to try to move on with life after Eddie, it really did, it felt unfair and selfish at times but you also knew that Eddie wouldn't want you sitting there mourning him forever. You knew that Eddie was always with you, so you slowly but surely started going on with life and trying to enjoy it again even if he wasn't here. 

Go on, I'll get the next one

No, not without you

I'll be alright

Listen, I'll be fine, I'm a survivor, alright

Don't worry about me

Now go on, get on

"Go on sweetheart, I'm right behind you and Dustin." Eddie said as the bats started making their way towards you guys. 

"No not without you." You pleaded not wanting to leave him behind. 

"I'll be alright. Listen I'll be fine, I"m a Munson nothing can kill us alright?" He said pushing you towards Dustin. 

"Don't worry about me, you two get out of here." Eddie said as you and Dustin started heading towards the trailer. 

You three barely made it before the bats reached you, and you all cheered for now that you outsmarted them. You pulled Eddie in for a long and passionate kiss because you were afraid that you were gonna lose him just then. 

"I'm still here sweetheart." He said wrapping his arms around you. 

You're here, there's nothing I fear

And I know that my heart will go on

We'll stay forever this way

You are safe in my heart

And my heart will go on and on

Eddie was safe in your heart and that's all that mattered, as long as he was with you, you could navigate life. Your dreams were your favorite part of the night because you always got to see him and it was like nothing changed.

You must promise me that you won't give up

No matter what happens

Promise me now Rose

I promise

And never let go that promise

I'd never let go, Jack

I'll never let go

You sat there with tears streaming down your face as you held Eddie's bloody body in your arms, wishing this had been the one time he didn't choose to be a hero. 

"Sweetheart, promise that you won't ever give up, no matter what happens." He said holding your hand as the tears fell even harder. 

"Promise me now sweetheart." He said coughing up more blood. 

"I promise Eddie." You said. 

"And never let go of that promise.  I love you, sweetheart." He said as he took his final breathe making you and Dustin cry harder. 

"I'd never go, I love you eddie. I'll never let go." You said leaning your head against his as you fully broke down.