Otherside II: Steve Harrington

I don't even wonder why you don't answer

When I call your name

Are you on the other side? Will you save us?

Or will you run away?

You were miserable in the weeks following your breakup with Steve, you didn't understand why he didn't just talk to you about your behavior, you would've understood and backed off a bit, but to push you away from that much hurt a lot. Robin did the best she could by checking in on you, dragging you out of the house, and letting you just cry because you really did like Steve a lot and it hurt when you had to end things with him. 

Steve on the other hand felt like an even bigger asshole than he already was because the truth is that he didn't want to break up with let alone say all those hateful and mean things with you, it was the opposite he was falling in love with you and it scared him a lot to think that someone like you would want to be with someone like him. So he pushed you away and started becoming busy in hopes that you would want to leave but you didn't so when you asked to talk that day Steve had to say the words he thought he say to get you to leave no matter how much it had hurt him to do so. 

"Steve I don't understand why you just didn't talk to her about how you were feeling instead of hurting her like you did?" Robin said as her and Steve sorted through the tapes at the store.

"You wouldn't understand Robin, she's too good to be with someone like me." He said making Robin roll her eyes at him. 

"You're an idiot. She has felt that same way about you! Had it not been for me convincing her that she really did belong with you, the relationship would've been over before the other week." Robin said shocking Steve.

"She did?" He asked her. 

"Yeah when you two first started dating, she always felt in comparison to Nancy, to not being as social or outgoing like you and your friends but I told her that no of that mattered to you because you still loved and cared for her." Robin said as Steve sighed realizing how much of a mistake he made by not talking with you. 

"Just go talk to her, and truthfully talk to her about how you were feeling but don't get upset if she doesn't forgive or take you back right away. You hurt her alot." Robin said as Steve nodded listening to her words.

Steve made his way over to your house mentally preparing himself about what he was gonna say and how you were gonna react. Once he reached your house, he walked up and knocked on your door and then knocked again after a few minutes until he finally heard footsteps approaching the door. You opened the door and rolled your eyes not wanting to see him after having him just ripped your heart out a few weeks ago. 

"Wait please wait." He said stopping the door.

"What Steve? What could you possibly want?" You said annoyed. 

"To talk...to explain myself and then if you want to leave you alone and never bother you again, I will." He said to you as you opened the door for him and walked over to the couch. 

Steve followed you inside and close the door behind him, and took a seat on the couch next to you as he gathered his thoughts before speaking. 

"I didn't want you to break up with you or hurt you in any way." He says as you look at him. 

"You didn't?" You asked him.

"No, I didn't. It's just that I found myself falling for even more and that scared me because I honestly felt like you deserved someone better than me and I thought by pushing you away from that you would end things but then you didn't which made me realize how much I didn't deserve you so I pushed as hard as I could the other night instead of talking to you." He said looking at you. 

"I wish you would've come and talked to me because then I would've told you that I understood how you were feeling and that no one gets to decide who I deserve only me and me only. I'm not gonna lie it hurt when you said those things but I understand why you did." You said shocking him as he was expecting you to lash out at him. 

"Do you think there is any way you can forgive me?" He asked looking at you. 

"As long as you promise to come to talk to me next time your feeling?" You said to him. 

"I promise." He said lifting your hand up to your lips and placing a kiss on it.