Hidden Secret Room Q Part 5

Start from the beginning

Xiao Lou answered honestly, "Yes."

"Isn't there anything you want to ask?" Xiao Qin put down his teacup and fixed his eyes on Xiao Lou.

Xiao Lou was silent for a few seconds before asking softly, "Father, you had him attend the birthday banquet for me. Is it because you were afraid someone would do something to me?"

Xiao Qin smiled and nodded. "You're smart."

Was this lying to a three year old child? Xiao Lou ignored the displeasure in his heart and continued his words, "Father is really thoughtful. Can you tell me who wants to kill me?"

Xiao Qin replied, "If the crown prince dies then according to the regulations, the next successor will be elected through Parliament. At present, the speaker, the marshal and the three generals are all highly respected and might benefit from it. There might even be more than one person who wants to get rid of you. I have to be extremely cautious before you take the throne."

Xiao Lou said, "In other words, if I die and you have no more heirs, the inheritance of the imperial throne will definitely be broken by me. I might rarely show up in public but the concept of 'the imperial crown prince inherits the throne' is deeply rooted in the hearts of the people. They need me to die before they can implement the next plan?"

The emperor was silent for a moment before declaring, "In fact, you once had a brother."

Xiao Lou was taken aback. "A brother? Why don't I remember?"

"He was one year older than you and he was assassinated before you were born."

Xiao Lou, "......"

There was a trace of pain in the emperor's eyes. Due to sorrow, his voice was hoarser than usual. "He was so young. He couldn't even speak but he was secretly poisoned in the palace. I could only watch him die in front of me... his body slowly became cold and stiff. He couldn't even call me Father once before he died."

Xiao Lou didn't know what to say. When speaking of the past, the emperor's sad emotions really didn't seem to be an act...

Could he believe this 'father'?

The emperor paused before continuing, "Your mother was in poor health. She had just fallen pregnant again and the death of your brother hit her too hard. She was stimulated to give birth to you prematurely. The doctor said she wouldn't be able to give birth again in the future and you became our only child. I named the place of your residence the Twin Palaces to commemorate your brother."

Xiao Lou, "......"

Did the Twin Palaces mean this?

The emperor spoke up to here and suddenly grabbed Xiao Lou's hand, his eyes filled with a father's love. "I have experienced the pain of losing a son so I want to protect you well. Over the years, it isn't that I don't want you to go out. It is just too dangerous outside. Even in the palace, there is a possibility of an assassin sneaking in. Today was your birthday party and your first public appearance. I was worried that someone would take advantage of it to enter the palace. This is why the clone attended the banquet for you."

"You mean, you wanted to use the clone to lead the snake out of the hole?"

The emperor sighed. "Yes."

"What is the result?"

The emperor smiled bitterly and shook his head. "They were very cautious. Instead of coming to the banquet, they went to the Twin Palaces. Fortunately, you and Major General Yu weren't there at the time. Otherwise, the consequences would be really unimaginable."

Xiao Lou watched the gray-haired emperor in front of him and his mood was really mixed.

The emperor's sincere attitude and sad expression today really looked like a father who was worried about his son's safety. However, Xiao Lou's sense of reason told him that things couldn't be as simple as the emperor stated.