Hidden Secret Room 10 Part 17

Chapter 352 - Moment of Life or Death

Yu Hanjiang and Old Mo's investigation area had exceeded half of the maze. After reaching the easternmost end again, they walked forward and found a corridor that was dark. The light bulbs and cameras were destroyed. This was obviously done by Ye Qi.

Yu Hanjiang couldn't help frowning. "Ye Qi has been here? There are traces of debris on the ground."

Old Mo was puzzled. "The area we have checked accounts for half the entire maze. Ye Qi should've checked a quarter of the area alone. However, all the rooms in the corridors have similar layouts. Where is the control room?"

A cold light flashed in Yu Hanjiang's eyes when he heard this. "We fell into a trap!"

Old Mo froze before soon reacting. "Can it be... the control room isn't in the basement?!"

Yu Hanjiang nodded, "The first time I came to this building, I noticed it was a three-storey building. The basement is where you were detained but it isn't necessarily where the central control room will be. It might be on the first, second or third floors. If the first, second and third floors are also labyrinths then the difficulty of finding the control room will increase exponentially."

Old Mo's heart trembled at these words. If Group Leader Yu's guess was correct and the difficulty of the three-storey maze increased exponentially then it was an impossible task!

Yu Hanjiang asked Ye Qi in a low voice, "Have you checked the path where the file room is?"

"I only checked half of it. I first brought the files back to the Peach Blossom Spring."

Yu Hanjiang simply instructed, "Old Mo and I will go over there to see. Hide first and try to move only in the dark corridors."

At present, only that area hadn't been checked. Yu Hanjiang quickly walked forward with the acceleration shoes. Halfway through, a dazzling light suddenly appeared in front of him. Ye Qi obviously hadn't been here yet.

Yu Hanjiang looked up and found an elevator. At this time, the elevator had just stopped on the third floor. Yu Hanjiang pressed the button to go up. The elevator quickly came down to the basement and the metal doors opened slowly.

Yu Hanjiang walked into the elevator but was unable to press the number '3' to go up. There was a swiping area next to the number. This should be the same setting as a high-end hotel. One could only press the elevator floor after swiping a card. It was an elevator that only personnel could ride.

Just now, the elevator had stopped on the third floor. Someone had obviously taken the elevator up. He speculated that the control room should be on the third floor. Time was limited and it would definitely be too late if he checked the first and second floors sequentially. It was better to go directly to the third floor to see the situation.

Yu Hanjiang looked at the surveillance camera in the corner, took out his handgun and pulled the trigger. There was the clear sound of gunshots. One shot exploded the camera and the other shot created a big hole in the glass ceiling!

The next moment, he jumped with the light footwork card and landed firmly on top of the elevator.

In the darkness, he could vaguely see the elevator chain. Yu Hanjiang quickly climbed along the chain to near the third floor. Then he took out a powerful submachine gun, shot open the door and rolled into the corridor.

He squinted. The corridor here was very similar to the underground labyrinth and was almost a replica. Yu Hanjiang and Old Mo quickly figured out the direction and started to investigate.

The rooms on the third floor were much smaller than the basement but the area was several times larger. In addition, it wasn't gloomy like the basement. It was rather upscale. Most rooms had windows to the corridor and they could see the furnishings of the rooms through them. Offices, operating rooms, anesthesia rooms, wards...