Hearts 2

Chapter 2 - Rose Funeral

Xiao Lou stood in front of the card wall and was dazzled by the large umber of cards. He was surprised to find that each card had an animation in addition to the markings such as 2 of Hearts or 3 od Spades in the upper left corner.

These cards seemed to have countless condensed spaces. Each card was like a thumbnail TV screen that played different plots.

The card in front of him had the clearest animation.

Xiao Lou stared and saw that in the card world, a short girl was being chased by several ugly zombies. The girl accidentally slipped and fell to the ground, allowing the zombies to quickly surrounded her. They tore off her head and gnawed with relish. The girl's horrified eyes seemed to stare straight through the card window at Xiao Lou.

Xiao Lou's scalp was numb and he felt nauseous. He clenched his fists hard, his nails penetrating deeply into the palm of his hand. The intense pain told him that this wasn't a dream. It was another space that he couldn't understand and consisted of cards.

That girl certainly couldn't live but having her 'brain eaten by zombies', this type of death was too cruel.

Was she, like himself, inexplicably pulled into the Card World? Xiao Lou closed his eyes and couldn't bear to look again.

The system coldly asked, "Do you see the Card World?"

Xiao Lou took a deep breath and replied, "I see it."

"You have only one chance to modify your choice. A or B, what do you choose?"

Xiao Lou didn't hesitate. "I choose B."

The system declared, "The option has been confirmed."

"Congratulations on being the 86587847th Card World challenger. Before entering the new world, you can change your image and gender. You have three minutes to make the initial data adjustments."

There was a mirror in front of him. The young man in the mirror was handsome and his eyebrows were gentle. It was just that at this moment, his face was somewhat unnaturally pale. It was difficult for anyone who suddenly encountered such a thing to calm down. Xiao Lou was already a relatively calm person since he didn't scream when he saw the girl being eaten by the zombie.

Xiao Lou glanced at himself in the mirror and spoke calmly, "I won't adjust my looks or gender."

Perhaps a lot of people who died unexpectedly were sent to the Card World. There were more than 80 million challengers. If he didn't adjust his appearance, he might meet someone he knew before. Even though he didn't understand this Card World, the only thing he could do now was abide by the rules of the new world and increase the chances of living as much as possible.

"Challenger Xiao Lou, the initial data storage was successful." The mirror disappeared and the mechanical voice of the system was heard. "Next, I will read out the basic rules of the new world.

"In the Card World, every card contains a different small world. You can understand it as a secret room."

"The type of secret room is determined by the type of card. The Hearts represent solving puzzles, Diamonds represent a secret room with different mechanisms, Spades is a survival room and Clubs is a challenge room."

"The difficulty of the secret rooms are from low to high, in turn it goes from D, C, B, A, S and SS is the highest difficulty. Only by passing the SS-grade secret room can you obtain a new life and return to the human world."

"If you succeed, you can get rewards. If you fail, you will be sent to the nightmare room for punishment. Players who can't survive the nightmare room will be completely wiped out of the Card World."