Vol. 2 Ch. 34 - Cope

"Pull me oh so close'
Cause you never know
Just how long our lives will be..."

- Sanctuary

*************************************************************************************

[Katori's POV]

"H-hey, honey! I'm doing great!" I exclaimed while signaling Akumi to give me some privacy.

She went inside her room and I stayed on the couch so I can continue the conversation with Ichika.

"That's good to hear! Have you seen it?"

"What do you mean?"

"The trailer for my movie?"

"Oh, I haven't yet. Sorry. I'll check it later. Maybe after this phone call?"

"That's alright! Sorry, I was just really excited to make you see it. Anyways, I woke up earlier than expected so I thought I'd call you."

"Thanks, hon. I really appreciate it."

"How's Uni?"

"Well, everything's just the same. I go to my classes everyday then go to the clubroom whenever we have activities."

"I see, I'm glad that everything's fine."

"Yup!"

I notice her take a deep breath.

"Hon?" I asked.

"Well, I'm not sure when I'll be coming home. I will be having a meeting with one of the studios that want to cast me for the main role. Everything's really going great for my career and at this point, I'm not sure if I should continue..."

"Really? That's great hon! You should! You deserve it, so don't hold back! It only goes to show that they're recognizing your talent and hard work even more!"

"But that means..." She said with a faint voice.

I want to cheer her on so I replied, "Don't worry about it! I'm all goods here! I'm really proud of you. You know that, right?"

"Thank you hon... You're right. Sorry, it's just... You know...? Of course, I don't want to make you feel like you're being left out because of my career."

"You're not, okay? You never made me feel that way. I totally understand it. Besides, it's not like I'd die or anything." I tried to tease her.

"Honey! Don't joke like that!"

"Y-Yeah.... Sorry! You were being too serious!"

I heard her chuckle a bit and replied, "Well, I know what you're trying to do and I understand. Once I get home, I'll make sure that you have all my time and attention. I'll make up for the lost time. I promise that I'm all yours."

"That's alright hon. I can wait. I'll be here waiting for you with open arms."

"Yeah, I can't wait to get home."

"M-Me too..."

I had a sudden attack so I hurried to drink some of my meds.

"Hon? Is something the matter?"

"Oh, N-Nothing! I got thirsty so I got me some water. And I guess, I just miss you, that's all."

"Really?"

"Yes, don't worry about it."

"I miss you too, hon. We'll get in touch, okay? I'll be prepping now. There's an interview I need to be on for a morning news."