Chapter 14 - Easing up

[(Y/N)'s POV]

There's a lot of great food that's been served on the table. These are the most utensils I can see for one guy. It feels like I would be dining like some sophisticated rich person. My mother was just smiling at me while I looked at Yuko and she looked a bit worried. Yuko knows me a lot since she's been taking care of me ever since then. I smiled and reply to Maro,

"It's nice to meet you too Yazawa-san."

I noticed mother sighed a relief from how I acted.

"Please, you can just call me Maro. You can call me dad if you would like" He smiled.

"Don't push your luck..."

"I see... I appreciate you for taking care of my mother..."

"Don't worry about it. As a matter of fact, she's the one who's been taking care of me." He held my mother's hand and they smiled at each other.

I'm trying my best to stay composed since I don't want to create a scene. I don't want to make Yuko worried either, since she's the only family I have left. At least the one I treat as such...

"Okay..."

"Anyways, I hope you enjoy your stay here. If there's something that you need, you can tell your mother or her secretary"

"I appreciate your generous offer but I'm good."

"How's your school? Your mother told me that you're doing very well"

"Yes, I thought it would make grandma proud if she was still here..."

"I'm sorry about what happened with your grandmother. It was rather unfortunate"

"It really is but that's life, right? People come and go but your memories with them hardly fade away."

"Wise words for such a young man"

"Learned from the best of course..."

 "Son, Yuko told me about your College Prospect Exam" My mother interjected.

"Yes, I had a thought that she will tell you"

"How was it?"

"It was okay."

"Can I see it?"

"I don't have it with me. For what it's worth, I got an A on it"

"Really!? That's great! I'm really proud of you!"

"Yeah, thanks."

"Your mother and I have been thinking," Maro said.

"About what?"

"You'll be graduating from High school anytime soon. We want to offer assistance. With your smarts, and with our help, you'll be looking into a brighter future. Tell me whatever university you want to go to, even if it's outside Japan, I can make the arrangements"

"Maro's right! This will certainly be a big help! With this, you can go to whatever university you want to go to. Isn't that great!?" Mom exclaimed.

"I appreciate the offer. It really is a great opportunity, a generous one if I may add. But if it's okay with you both, I would like to think about it."

"Oh sure, there's still time to think about it. Just let your mother know what you have decided and I'll personally work on it. One last thing if it's okay with you."

"Sure, what is it?"

"Maro... Don't you think it would be a bit overwhelming for (Y/N)?"

"What do you mean?"