11. i tried, did i fail?

WARNING: descriptive gore scene

Audio recording #8
"Alright, I'm gonna do it! I'm going to surprise you soon, Cyrus!" Wade giggled happily. "I'm scared, but I'll do it, for you. I hope that I'll get to hug you for as long as possible, and even if I can't kiss you now, it'll be enough."

Wade had dressed nicely for the day. He wore a brown coat, light brown pants, short lace up boots, and a soft white dress shirt. He was actually excited. He'd told Ellis about his plans and the man had gladly encouraged the brunette.

His new acquaintances around the neighborhood had been hyping him up for the "big adventure." They were so kind and he felt he didn't deserve it somehow.

Nonetheless, he grabbed his phone and his keys, leaving his mask behind. He could do this. He'd be okay. It was all worth it, he was sure.

He stepped outside, pausing to let that rush of fresh air hit him. He smiled slightly. "Hey, good luck today, Wade!" His next door neighbor, Dmitri shouted encouragingly with a wide grin. The dark haired man was one of the only people to have actually grown close with Wade in the few weeks they've known each other.

Wade's smile grew larger and he turned towards the blue eyed male. "Thank you, have fun on your trip," he said in a kind manner. He'd learned that Dmitri and his two sons were going to play at the park that day.

The tall brunette was quite fond of the kids, Gabriel and Ezekiel, who was just called Coco because of a certain incident with Coco Puffs. They were rowdy and chaotic, but sweet and smart. He wasn't as scared when he spoke to children. They didn't notice it much either.

Wade walked to his car and opened the door, silently watching his neighbor call for his two sons. They both came running out of the house, playfully pushing each other back and forth.

He laughed before getting inside and starting his car. He played with the dolphin keychain once until he put the vehicle in reverse. He backed out of his driveway and drove down the road.

He made his way to the highway and after about ten minutes he began to exit. However, when he turned to continue down another road, there was a sudden force, a strong, nauseating force.

He'd blacked out for a moment and when he was up again his vision was blurry and he was dizzy. His vision kept fading in and out, but he could make out shattered glass, inside and outside of the car.

There was glass on him, in him. That's right, impaled in his stomach and left arm were many shards of glass, big and small.

He felt a warm liquid flow from the top of his head and on his stomach and arm. He looked around, first to his right, then to his left. There, what he saw was another vehicle, wrecked.

He was slowly figuring out what had happened. That's when he started to panic, this was one of his worst fears. He began to hyperventilate until his eyes caught onto the blurry sight of blue.

The keychain. It'd broken off of his car keys. He reached down to the floor to grab it, growing even dizzier by the second. His stomach and head hurt the worst. He couldn't tell where the blood was even coming from atop his head, but it hurt like hell.

He fell back unconscious holding the broken keychain in his hand, as tightly as he could. Even in his sleep he thought about the people he knew. Ellis, Dmitri, Coco, Gabe, Cyrus. That thought itself pained him the most. Would he be able to see them again? Would he ever be able to talk to Ellis in person like he wanted to?

Audio recording #9
"I honestly kind of don't want you to hear these recordings, they're so embarrassing," he laughed as he covered his face. "But another part of me does want you to hear them. I don't know, it'd be a little weird for me to just hand them to you or something. Maybe you'll just find them and decide to pry, like those things that happen in books or tv shows." He chuckled.