Chapter 7 - Date A Day Out

Depuis le début

" *sigh* Not now, Kurumi."

She merely smiles. "Oh, alright."

"You okay, Natsu?" I ask concerned.

"Y-Yeah, I think I'm fine now."

"Good. Now, hold still for a sec." I wave my hand over her.

"That felt weird. What was that?"

"I used Helel to clean the vomit out of your mouth." There really isn't anything I can do with Helel, is there?

"Wha? You can do that?!" The short spirit asks.

"What part of 'powered by imagination' didn't you get?" I ask, raising one eyebrow.

"Ufufu~ you really think outside of the box, Issei-kun." Kurumi says, a smile on her face.

"Natural talent." A small laugh escapes my lips after I say that. "Now c'mon you two, let's go see some more stuff!"

—————

A few hours of exploring and I feel like we still haven't seen everything in this place. While walking, Natsumi stops.

"Hmm? What are you looking at?" Her face is glued to a poster on the wall of a small building. It's an ad for a puppet show, happening in the park, at 4. "Puppet show, eh?" I say looking down at her. "You wanna see it?"

"Wha?" The green haired girl grows a blush on her face. "O-Of course not!" That's clearly a lie, I can practically feel my eyes rolling.

I look down at my watch. "It's 3:45 now. You interested, Kurumi?"

"I suppose. There might be cat puppets." The older Spirit says, happily.

"It's settled then."

"Huh?!" Natsumi lets out a squeal.

"C'mon Natsu-chan, the puppets await!" I say, beginning to walk towards the show.

"Ufufu, oh Issei-kun." Kurumi says, shaking her head with a smile.

"H-Hey, wait up!" Natsumi shouts, running after us.

—————

The puppet show ended not long after it began. Oddly enough, it was a story about the ugly duckling. Didn't know this story got to over here. I saw Kurumi's eyes practically light up when a cat puppet appeared. I swear, that girl might be a killer, but damn can she be cute. Natsumi too, was invested in the show. I caught her eyes glued to the puppets, particularly a bird puppet.

The host of the show, an older man, with graying hairs, steps up onto the stage and addresses the crowd. "Thank you all for watching the show. The puppets used today are quite old and we've already acquired replacements. Because of this, we're giving away the puppets for anyone who wants them behind the stage. We only ask no one takes more than 1." Children in the crowd cheer and begins going towards the stage's back.

"Either of you want any of 'em?" I ask the girls.

"Hmm. That cat puppet looked rather well taken care of. I wouldn't mind taking it." Kurumi says, standing up.

"What about you Natsumi?" I ask the shorter girl, while I stand up.

"Hmph. Why would I want a puppet?"

"I saw how your eyes lit up when the bird was up there." I say, leveling a glare at her.

"!!" Natsumi stiffens. "Oh fine!" She says, standing up finally. "Let's go get that bird!"

" *sigh* Honestly, you need to be more honest, Natsu-chan." She sputters at this, making Kurumi and I chuckle.

Our trio of Spirits walk towards the back of the stage. The old man from before is handing the puppets out to the kids with a kind smile on his face. The three of us get in line. It slowly shrinks until we get to the old man.