15. out of chances

Start from the beginning

"Mr Villanueva is not present at the moment," she replied, this time in a much nicer tone.

"May I ask where I can find him?" I tried to sound as casual as possible.

She gave me a polite smile and shook her head.

"I am afraid Mr Villanueva asked that I did not disclose that information," she answered. "He should return by mid-November."

Fuck.

I mustered the most charming smile I could as I took in a deep breathe.

"There is an urgent matter that I need to discuss with him and I am afraid it cannot wait that long," I replied. "If you could please do me this one favor?"

       She looked hesitant. "T-There's really not much I can do."

       I mustered the best flirty smile I could and stared at her deep in her eyes. Samantha would always laugh at this, but on other girls it would make them swoon.

       "You do me this favor and I will compensate you with a date, beautiful," I mentally cringed at myself as I continued to smolder at her.

       "Okay," she finally caved in. She looked around and made sure no one was listening. "Mr Villanueva and his family left for Italy for some sudden emergency or something."

       "Why thank you," I replied with a grin. "I owe you a date."

       She giggled softly and I walked away before she could ask for my number.

       "I don't think you're supposed to be here."

       I turned to the familiar voice. Standing a couple feet away from me was Samantha's old roommate—Daniel, no David.

       "The name is Derek," he extended his hand out as if reading my mind. "I was Sam's roommate before she moved in with you."

       "Yes, I remember," I said trying not to sound jealous. "What are you doing here?"

       "You know, exploring the city, sightseeing, working for a very powerful man," Derek replied casually. "Oh, and keeping an eye on Sam."

       "Do you know where she is? Can you take me to her?" I begged.

       "Yes and no," Derek said as he approached me and flattened out my blazer. "She wants nothing to do with you. She is happily engaged to Mr Villanueva and I need you to go back to New York, where you belong."

       I eyed him suspiciously. Although he wore a cocky smile, his eyes held a sort of plea. His eyes flickered to the right handkerchief pocket on my blazer where my white handkerchief once was, but now it was gone.

       "She's in love and she's not gonna give up on it,"he said with a wink. "Now, I need to ask you to leave.

       He guided me to the doors before walking away to where a group of men wearing all black where. I fixed the strap of my satchel and left the building. I kept walking and walking until I made sure I was in the clear.

       "What do we have here?" I asked as I rummaged through my handkerchief pocket. I slipped out a white note that was folded up tightly.

All I said was a lie. The man that stole Samantha also kidnapped me in the process. Sam still loves you, but you have to be patient. Italy is the home country of these a-holes and they have eyes all over the place. They should return by mid-November after all their mafia drama is solved...

       "Mafia drama?" I asked myself.

...I will let you know when they are back. For now, go back to New York so Dante does not get suspicious. When it is safe to return, I'll send a signal.

       I crumbled the piece of paper in my hands. I did not want to leave, especially knowing that Samantha was with dangerous people, but I also did not want her life to be put more at risk.

       With a sigh of defeat I walked back to my hotel and booked a flight back to New York.

Author's Note Hola my lovelies! Happy Monday!!! Here is chapter 15 of Forbidden Attractions

Author's Note
Hola my lovelies! Happy Monday!!! Here is chapter 15 of Forbidden Attractions. Brian finally found out the truth! Do you think he will make it on time to Samantha? Let me know your thoughts in the comments! I will see you all Wednesday with another update.
Xoxo Liz 💋💋💋