13. the wolf's bride

HER POV

       "How did the photoshoot go?" Dante inquired as I stepped into his office.

       The office was one of the largest ones in the building. It was located on the last floor and with a great view of Big Ben. The misty clouds made the view even more unique. It was as if the building was floating over the sky.

       "It actually went pretty well," I chirped as I plopped onto the seat in front of him. "How did the meeting with Mrs Zamora go?"

       "She is quiet adamant in having you as the star of her show and is willing to give you an initial deposit of one thousand, two hundred euros," Dante replied. "And an hourly rate of thirty five."

       My eyes widen at the amount I was being offered to model for Mrs Zamora. It was three times my wage at the bar.

       "She hasn't even casted me," I replied.

       Dante wore a proud smirk. "She's a fan of your work and knows you do not need to go through that process."

        "Well, let's get the training started," I stood up from the seat ready to make my way toward the training studio, but Dante stopped me.

       "Actually, your training starts tomorrow," he said and my eyebrows knitted together in confusion.

        "But you said-"

       "We have a brunch to attend to with some friends," he answered through gritted teeth. By the way his voice had turned low and menacing, I knew these 'friends' were not really friends.

"Does this have anything to do with your sudden trip to France?" I asked as we made our way out of the office.

       Dante interlocked our hands and nodded as we walked into the private elevator. The sudden drop caused the room to spin and the nausea to return. I gripped onto my head hoping to alleviate the need to throw up.

       "Bella, are you alright?" He asked as I fell into his side, feeling my knees weaken suddenly.

       "Yeah," I replied as I tried to straighten myself out but the room continued to spin. I closed my eyes and it all stopped. "I haven't eaten breakfast so I think my body is reacting to that."

       "Come here," Dante said as he pulled me close. Before I could react, he swooped me up in one swift movement and carried me out the building.

       "You can put me down now," I said as I tried to place my feet on the ground, but Dante held onto me tighter.

       "I cannot allow you to walk when you're making that face like your either gonna puke or faint," Dante replied as he settled me into the car. "Now drink this and set your head back."

       He handed me a bottle of cold water as he placed his cold hand over my forehead. I sighed at how good it felt. The throbbing pain was gone and I no longer had the need to puke. I took a sip of the water and felt instantly refreshed.

       "If this continues I will have to call Dr Barbos," Dante looked down at me with concern.

        I rolled my eyes. "I am fine, I just need some food in my system."

Dante looked unconvinced as he ushered me to take another drink from the water. I sighed in defeat and obeyed him.

***

       "If at any point you feel ill, you let me know and we leave," Dante assured as we stepped out of the vehicle.

       I pinched the bridge of my nose annoyed by how cautious he was being. Nonetheless I hummed an 'okay' and nodded.