Chapter 35 - Honami

An unexpected, small but still warm flame ignited within me momentarily.

Regaining my senses, I felt something, a hug from behind. But as I attempted to glimpse back at the person hugging me, I couldn't, thus I gazed at the arms wrapped around me.

Ah, that's right...

"Honami, could you let go of me for a moment?" I asked softly, in an attempt to separate the two of us.

In the absence of a response, she let go of me, allowing me to spin around to face her, just to be met by another, even tighter hug.

After a few seconds into the hug, I likewise wrapped my arms around her.

The surrounding people glared at us while still being shocked and frightened by me, only a touch of jealousy from some boys added to those sentiments.

Since it was still so quiet, I was able to overhear her sobbing into my uniform.

"Never do that kind of nonsense again!" She yelled at me in a way as if she was both upset and concerned for me simultaneously.

I couldn't understand why, unlike the others, she wasn't afraid of me after witnessing this in front of her.

Her grip on my uniform tightened, eventually, she succeeded in meeting my eyes.

The beauty I had seen so many times before appeared even more beautiful than ever, even though she was tearful.

I was indeed correct, it was inevitable.

"Are you not afraid?" I asked her while she started to squeeze me even harder.

"Of course I was scared! That's why I don't want you to do that again, I don't want you to get hurt."

That was not what I was talking about.

The little warming flame gradually grew throughout the conversation that we both shared.

The reason I want to live...

I placed both my hands on her face and tenderly brushed away the tears that lingered on her face.

"I promise I won't do it again."

"Really? You promise never to do anything like that again?"

Abstaining from violence sometimes is unavoidable, even she was aware of that, but she was talking about putting something so absurd into my calculations.

"I'll promise if you promise me something in return."

"What?" She seemed truly confused at that.

At that moment, I finally realized something I hadn't expected to be able to say without lying to myself.

At that moment, I knew that she would not be my first girlfriend.

No, she would be my only girlfriend.

"Never leave my side."

The heretofore silent crowd was awestruck in disbelief. To them, it all seemed to be happening too suddenly, which was comprehensible since they were unaware of our relationship.

Perhaps they had already made multiple comments about us, maybe they were not even silent anymore, however, my mind was only focused on her, and my eyes did not leave her.

In the meantime, she was getting a little nervous, the blush in her cheeks rising.

"Huh? Why would you say something like that now?"

The evidence that I had indeed changed...

The clouds in the sky cleared away, and the sun gradually began to shine on the other students and us again.

"It's because ..."

I had the urge to protect her for whatever reason – no, it was beyond that, it was an urge to spend the rest of my life with her.

The last time it was too little to be considered as such, but this time, I was a little more certain that it could be considered as such.

Yes, I can finally say with a good conscience that...

"I love Ichinose Honami."

Right after saying that, he subconsciously let out a weak but genuine smile, it was a first for him.

"Kiyotaka..." Honami, who was close up to him, covered her mouth with both of her hands and the blush increased even more.

She couldn't put it into words, she was speechless. Both, the words from him and the sight of him, enhanced all of her feelings of bliss.

The words "I love you" were so simple, but hearing those words from her lover made her fall in love with him even more.

Kiyotaka, the usually insensitive and gloomy guy, had proclaimed publicly that he wanted to be with her for the rest of his life. Little did he know that the urge to be with one another wasn't only present in him, but also Honami.

The conclusion from all of this is that even the devil can fall in love with the angel.

Timeskip

Scenery Switch

"Did you witness that last part?" He asked the man on the other end who had just exited the high school and was in his limousine on his way to his workplace.

Right now, there was no risk in them calling each other as the chairman and his security were now on their way back to the sports festival.

[I did from afar, seeing him smile makes me want to throw up.]

From his voice alone you could deduce how annoyed he was seeing his son like that.

"So I'll just do as you told me to?" he asked the man with a firm expression.

[We have talked about it in the break, you do remember, right?]

"Of course I do." Once these words left his mouth, there was a momentary silence but eventually, that man resumed the conversation.

[Well now that I have witnessed this last part, there is something else I want you to do for me, Shiba.]

Shiba, the teacher who was given a task by that man was asked to fulfill another task. Not wanting to disappoint him, he simply wanted to hear him out.

"What would that be?"

[Give me all the information this school has about the person named Ichinose Honami.]

"Right, I will as soon as I get the opportunity."

[I'll make sure he'll regret it.]

Shiba was not even given the opportunity to reply since that man immediately hung up the phone once saying that.

The consequences of the violent behavior remained questionable, whether that man would get severely punished or not was still undecided, however, he clearly stated his intentions.

A/N: Some development for Kiyo after being edgy for the last few chapters? Well, I tried to do something, there is a good possibility that I end up deleting this and the last chapter and rewrite them as the motivation was in the fucking dumpster.

For the cursive stuff (The reason I want to live, The evidence that I had indeed changed etc.) The answer to all of these in Kiyo's mind was Honami (Like in the title). Idk myself, I just wanted to try something.

Was it too OOC for Kiyotaka? Idk I just wanted to emphasize it.

There is one more chapter for the sports festival and I guess you guys can already tell what it'll be about, after that, well I don't know. I'll have to see how to continue.

For those who want to see the reaction of the others, don't worry, it'll be in the next chapter, but I thought it would ruin that somewhat significant moment.

For those who like the quintuplets and have nothing against OC's, I'd recommend you reading my fanfic as I will not do a normal COTE x TQQ but rather one with canon Kiyo and it will definitely get interesting.

Of course, there will be some romance and all that.