CHAPTER 35 - Never Underestimate the Fans

Start from the beginning

“T-T-Then.”

“I want to be friends.”

     Han Donghoon’s eyes shook. I waited for a moment. It was until the turbulence in his head calmed down. But Han Donghoon wasn’t able to speak easily. That reminded me, this guy had a problem.

“Is it hard to speak directly? If you don’t mind, I’d like to talk through this.”

    Han Donghoon looked at the smartphone held in his hands and started muttering something.

[The character ‘Han Donghoon’ used ‘Wide-area Internet Lv. 5’ on your smartphone.]

[You can use the Internet anywhere in ‘Seoul Dome’ unless the consciousness of ‘Han Donghoon’ is interrupted.]

     After a while, Han Donghoon’s name appeared in the smartphone messenger.

–Who are you?

–I’ve been looking for you.

–Lee Sungkook also said that.

–I suppose so.

–I…

     The boy’s trembling fingers couldn’t produce any more sentences. I instinctively realized. It was impossible to persuade this boy right now.

     For more than 10 days, the boy’s wounds had festered to the point where it couldn’t be easily restored.

–I understand you. It is scary and confusing.

[The character ‘Han Donghoon’ is greatly disturbed.]

–Don’t be ridiculous.

–I am different from those people.

–I can’t believe you.

–Don’t you hate the Prophets?

    Han Donghoon’s eyes shook. Deep rooted resentment filled the boy’s eyes due to the hypnosis.

–If you allow me to, I can get rid of them.

-…Why? You are a prophet…

–They shouldn’t exist. They are interfering with the ‘epilogue.’

    Han Donghoon stared at me with eyes that couldn’t understand and tapped on his keyboard.

–To me… What do you want? You will just use my abilities anyway.

I looked up and slowly opened my mouth.

–No, it is just the opposite.

     I stared into Han Donghoon’s eyes as I spoke aloud.

“You don’t have to do anything.”

*     *     *
“Now those jerks time is over. It will all end tomorrow.”

“Sigh… when this is over, I will have a bottle of soju.”

“Yes. Did you see that bastard’s eyes before? The Sage’s Eyes glared at me and I almost had a heart attack.”

“Hahat, how did a guy who got off at the prologue know about the Sage’s Eyes?”

    Cheerful voices. It was so exciting that I wanted to keep listening.

“Hey, the other prophets are still suspicious… how do I convince them? They’ve been nagging me to go to Chungmuro…”

“Give me your phone and I will speak to them. At any rate… huh?” Jung Minseob’s face stiffened as he fiddled with the keyboard. “Why is the Internet not working all of a sudden?”